recovered friendships

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

with my back leaned on the wooden wall, knees hugged close to my chest, i stared at the boy opposite of me. his eyes were closed, form plastered over the floor and relaxed as if he could fall asleep right then and there. 

i couldn't believe he was the same boy who was mean enough to put a hair dye in my shampoo, stick gums to my skirt and say how much he hates me. 

he was now back to the boy i grew up and did basically everything with. 

now that i knew the reason behind everything, i felt super confused, lost and puzzled. 

so, what now? - i wondered. - are we going to start to each other like friends and treat one another like ones too? or would he not want that?

if i'm being honest, i was dying of wish for everything to be back to normal. doesn't matter how much his actions out of anger towards me hurt me, i wanted to be able to talk to him about everything. to just be me in his presence. 

i let the time decide, and the time did not disappoint. 

but something was missing, now that i stared at him so close.. 

"how come you haven't smoked in a while?" i questioned, earning no kind of reaction whatsoever. "did you, perhaps, stop?"

"no," he answered, not bothering to even look at me, just wiggled into more comfortable position. "i forgot my cigarettes in my room."

well, at least he will not smoke for a day.. 

a lightball lightened above my head as an idea jumped in my mind. 

"pfft, i bet you can't last even a day without those deathsticks."

my comment obviously triggered something inside the guy; he opened one of his eyes and glared at me. 

"what is that supposed to mean?"

"that means you can't even take care of yourself, plus killing your lungs with those things!" 

"and you can't go one day without being annoying, but have i ever said anything?" by now, jungkook had straightened his back and shot me a gaze with both eyes opened, brows furrowed in losing temper by my short lasting 'dominance'. 

"oh really? wanna bet?" i smirked, provoking. 

his brow cocked upwards, interested in my intetions. "what kind of bet?"

it was my turn to shine. "for every day you go without smoking, i'm going to put a coin in a jar. if you happen to lose, you have to buy me food and the money stays mine. but, if you succeed in not smoking ever again, that money will be yours."