masked confessions

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

working with jungkook was one of the mentally toughest things i had to do in my life. 

however, not gonna lie, he did make it easier for me, because he kept quiet most of the time, saved me from unnecessary comments and annoying remarks. 

playing princess and a prince with him felt just so incredibly out of place. 

mrs. lim was right: on the first practice we had to do together, jungkook actually knew most of the script, so that definitely saved up some extra time. 

but.. 

"oh, juliet, juliet, why are you juliet?" i remember him saying, quite lost at what we were acting in the first place. 

i couldn't help but facepalm. "jungkook, you dipshit, we're not playing romeo and juliet!" i whispered to him. we were literally in the middle of an practice act, watched by enn, mrs. lim and the others. 

"oh, we're not?" he awkwardly smiled, scratching the back of his neck. "what are we playing, then?"

i heaved a sigh, handing him my script. "you're the human prince, and i am a mermaid princess. you're supposed to be confessing your love to me in this scene."

"i- what?"

"mhm, now just follow from here," i instructed, pointing to the blue covered line in the script, before going back to the character. 

everything from there on was fine. jungkook didn't act like a jerk, surprisingly, and genuinely tried his best. 

it was too good to be true, but i could easily get used to calm and unproblematic jungkook. that side of him gave off an energy like he'd be a great friend if he wanted to. 

no matter how much it hurts my pride, he looked extremely hot in that prince costume. 

how weird to hear that from me, i know, but it doesn't change the fact that costume looked like made for him. 

not better than tae, tho. 

anyway, lets skip to the actual day of the school play. 

me and the rest of the cast were hidden behind the curtains, all dressed in costumes, with makeup and hair done as well. 

for the first half of the show, i had to wear a mermaid tail, and later on change into 'human' clothes, before jumping in that tail again. 

complicated, i know. 

just a short summary of the storyline: i was a mermaid who saved the prince, aka jungkook, from drowning when we were younger. back then, i developted a small crush, but disappeared into the sea before anything could happen between us. however, years passed and i could not stop thinking about him. thinking he would be scared of seeing me as a mermaid again, i made a forbiden deal with a sea witch, and she gave me legs, warning me that i can never tell the prince that i'm a mermaid. if that were to happen, i'd turn into ashes and be gone forever.