author's note + explanation

this story has officially came to an end. 

for starters, i would like to thank all of you for your endless support, for voting, commenting, scrolling and reading; for showing me your opinions and ideas, for bearing with me throughout the entire journey. i'm forever grateful for every and each one of you. 

so, basically, the entire story has been in a form of a diary - that's why lucy talked in first person and in past time, because she wrote the diary when already old, about the things she lived through in her younger days. any scene that does not show from her point of view is a bonus scene from author's pov. 

now, talking about the ending: i know a lot of you might not like the way the ending turned out. the story itself was bright from the beginning, about childhood innocence, pranks and trustworthy friendship between two young people. i know that might had gave you a hint for a bright ending as well, but i feel at need to explain certain things and clear it out. 

lucy gave birth to jungkook's and hers daughter, and that daughter has her own in the last chap, which makes her a grandma. her daughter is married and they all live in the same house. her granddaughter is 6 years old. the reason why they visit hyun's grave is NOT because he was a part of family, but a close friend who used to hang out around their house after lucy was left all alone with the baby, and her daughter grew attached to him. it was his death anniversary. after that, lucy visited jungkook's grave.

as for the last last scene, jungkook and lucy meet in heaven when she dies. simple as that.

now, when talking about the base of my inspiration for this story, it contains of my personal experiences. this story is secretly dedicated to my male bestfriend, whom i'm in love with, but he'll never get to know about it. 

i was thinking of doing a happy ending for jungkook and lucy, but this experience made me realise not all loves end up how they should. 

you gotta understand that this fanfic wasn't supernatural or something; it was showing a side of a real life, and, if you ever get a chance to examine lives of other people from close by, you'll see accidents happen, people break or simply aren't meant to last. not everyone gets to have a happy ending, and i didn't wanna create a false reality full of expectations. you might get used to it in the stories and then suddenly you're not able to experience it yourself. every time i was describing lucy's emotions and feelings, i would use the ones i felt on myself. 

i thought of doing the sad ending (sadder than a current one), by not letting jungkook and lucy be together. i planned on having them married to other people, create families and just go along with their lives. 

however, i ended up rethinking my plans, and, scrolling through you guys' comments on each chapter, i took a turn and listened to your wishes. the part where lucy hides by the side and wants to visit someone on the graveyard existed in my head from the very beginning, and doing a complete different ending would force me to change that scene and the diary scene as well, which i couldn't do. 

so, i heard you guys out, i made them two marry, have a kid, but for the rest from that point on, i sincerely apologise. my intention wasn't to trigger anyone by mentioning death or hospitals, or to make this story depressing. i'm truly sorry if any of this has been done by me. 

also, i would like to take out some small space to mention how proud your guys' comments about lucy's character made me feel. reading about how you love her steady character and standing up for herself definitely has me feeling like i succeeded as an author. 

also, may you take in all of my apologies for what i'm about to say, but i'm going to take a longer break from wattpad. writing a story this intense and long really shook me more than expected, so i'm planning to stay behind with updates or any possible new stories until i get on a stable ground when it comes to school and life duties. i hope you understand! although, i'll make sure to blow minds when i start publishing stories that are currently growing in my drafts, lol. ;; 

once again, thank you for staying, supporting, reading and letting me know i have someone to cover my back. 

thank you for existing, lovelies. i wish and pray for all the best things to come your way. <3 

i love you.

yours truly, jkff97.