hangout buddies

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

i had to hurry. 

informing some more about when and where donghyun was leaving, i got to know he had his family in europe, and he had a flight today. 

his friend, tall and muscular guy with grey hair, namjoon i believe, told me that he was supposed to be gone around an hour by the time i arrived to school.

in order to get to the airport quickly, you had to have a car. as obvious as it could be, i could only use my legs as i realised i could've used jungkook's bike, but it was too late for me to go back. 

and so, with a hoodie in my grip and lips parted so i could breathe, i ran as fast as i had never ran in my life. 

call me a freak, go ahead. but this was something i felt at need to do. if he wasn't to get his hoodie back today, he would never get a hold of it again. 

"excuse me," "sorry," were the only words slipping out as i struggled to pass by groups of people. when you're in a hurry, everyone walks slower than snails. 

all red like a tomato, i entered the airport hall once the giant building popped in my view. i honestly loved going there. everything was made out of glass, clean and shiny as pharmacy. 

struggling to push some proper air into my squeezed lungs, my eyes wondered in every direction, in hope to spot a specific person. 

standing there like a statue for what seemed to be few good minutes, i finally caught a shadow of a person walking towards the boarding hall, towing a strawberry-red suitcase with wheels on. 

i was too distanced for him to be able to notice me, especially because his steps moved straightly forward, whilst i stood by the side, able to detect bored and tired expression winning over his side profile. 

donghyun wore a greet tee, tucked in his jeans, and white sneakers, hair messy and curly as always. 

i stood there, frozen, wondering whether it was a good idea to go to him and just return his hoodie. that would be easy for me, but i couldn't help but consider if he had already said his goodbye to me yesterday at the porch. maybe seeing me again would make him feel something he didn't wish of feeling just minutes before going into the plane. 

sighing in frustration, i once again glanced around, a lightbulb lighting above my head upon noticing a female stewardess signalising people where to go. 

i jogged to her, tapping her shoulder to get her attention. "excuse me?" 

she turned to me, grinning her slightly crooked teeth instantly. "yes?"