paper man

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

as already mentioned, on the night of tuesday, not being able to fall asleep as a heartburn ate away my stomach, i was chilling in my bed, watching yet another kdrama, when my phone rang and snapped me out of my long-lasting trace.

pausing the screen, i took my phone from the nightstand and furrowed my brows upon seeing the contact name.

i hesitated on picking up. unknown callers weren't exactly my thing and i was always unsure if it's someone trying to prank me or not.

still, the back of my mind telling me that something indeed could be wrong, i picked up the call and lightly pressed it against my ear.

"hello?"

"hi, is this lucy?" an unknown, lost voice spoke on the other line. i've never heard it before in my life.

"yeah," i confirmed. "who's this?"

"i'm jungwon," the male replied. "i'm one of the boys who happen to drink with jungkook tonight, and i'm afraid he needs help right now, so i called his emergency number which is you. could you come pick him up?"

i was dumbfounded, scared, panicked an worried all at the same time. oh, did i mention mad, too? i didn't even know he came back to seoul!

"uh, oh, w-what happened to him?" i straightened up into a sitting position.

"he's so drunk i don't think he knows his name anymore," jungwon told me, and the only reason i believed him is because i could clearly hear jungkook mumbling and yelling some weird shit in the backround. "i don't want him to go with a stranger, plus, i don't know where he lives. now, could you please come pick him up?"

i mentally sighed, massaging the bridge of my nose. "alright, tell me where you are."

jungwon told me the adress, and i've lived in seoul long enough to know that is one of the bars on the other side of the city.

i pressed my lips together, swallowing all the anger and frustration before replying, "okay, i'll be there in five. can you keep an eye on him until i arrive?"

jungwon hummed. "sure. just hurry, please." and he ended the call.

i ran my fingers through my hair and intended on pulling it, but i realised there wasn't much time to be wasted. i rushed out of the bed, didn't bother on changing out of pajama pants and a croptop, and ran downstairs. i despised myself for always running back to him as if i was nothing more than a lost puppy.

thankfully, my parents were asleep since it was nearly 2:30 in the morning, so i could easily sneak outside without having questions thrown my way. i slipped my feet into the thickest boots i could find, dealing a number of taxi whilst i was putting my dad's jacket on.