perfect imperfections

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

"come on, i'm buying you an ice cream," jungkook offered, standing up from the bench and pulling me to stand up as well. 

"where did ice cream come from?" i chuckled, picking up my books. 

"i suddenly crave one," jungkook admitted, rubbing his stomach. 

"mint choco?" i tried reading his mind. mint choco was his favourite flavor. 

"you know it," he confirmed through a curve of his lips. 

"but you're not making me pay for it like the last time, mr!" 

he took a step away from me, as if caught in the act. "that was an accident! i have my wallet with me this time."

"you better do," i growled playfully through gritted teeth. 

jungkook pretended to be offended. "who do you take me for?"

i shot him a frank glare. "an idiot."

he raised his chin up high, acting as if that didn't hurt a little pride he had left. "well, it takes an idiot to recognise an idiot."

i furrowed my brows, a smile painting over my lips. "hey, that's my line, don't steal it!"

jungkook only stuck his tongue out at me, before rushing away. "catch me if you can, slowpoke."

"yah!" i yelled, speeding up to meet his pace, which was even harder with busy hands. "come back here!"

"i changed my mind!" jungkook shouted over his shoulder, quite long distance created between us. "the last one who arrives pays for our ice cream."

and that was so obviously going to be me. 

"that's not fair. no changing rules in the middle!" 

"sorry not sorry, scarecrow!"

why is he...?

chasing after him like this even after surviving through the way he made me feel like nothing matters showed me that nothing had no change. we could forever stay imperfectly perfect and keep our perfect imperfections. 

we were humans, after all. 

and bestfriends, for that matter, too.

oh my goodness, our friendship was so bipolar, i swear.

as we were quickly increasing our distance from the garden, i could swear i saw hyun walking towards the dorm building once i turned around to glance over my shoulder. 

i fixed my gaze on his walking figure. 

but he was looking at me, too. 

somehow sadly. and i did the same.