highschool dances

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

it's almost absurd how a week can pass in a blink of an eye. in my case, it was four days that sprinted right in front of my nose, and before i took another breath, it was already friday - the day of our school's dance. 

it definitely took some great effort to convince jungkook to go along; at first he refused, saying he'd rather spend friday night in a club rather than, i repeat, 'boring' dance, but with some pleadings and birth-gifted puppy eyes, he softened and agreed on going, as long as i got to be his partner. 

taehyung was supposed to be my companion, however, as caring and understandable he was, a second was taken for him to find somebody else to accompany. he didn't mind not being me whom he had to pick up. 

already mentioned, friday night had stepped upon our lives, and big preparations had started. 

for the whole previous week we had been going to the school's gym to help and decorate, as our dances were always too expensive to be held into some big halls. i was indebted for ribbons and tables' decors, whilst the others had their own obligations. 

to praise myself for getting it throughout the week, mom and i went shopping yesterday, looking around the stores for a perfect dress for me to wear. having some saved money, i payed for the dress once i found 'the one'. 

blood-red dress, falling freely and barely touching the ground, hugged with a silver belt around the waist, and having an illusion of being crumpled from the torso up. it came with straps on, but mom spoke her opinion of the dress looking more professional without them, so she took them off. 

with a little bit of my magic skills, i managed to gather my nested hair into a pair of boxing braids, some strands of bangs sliding on the side, near my ears. 

some lightbrown eye makeup, mascara, blush and a good foundation alone were enough to complete my look into perfection. 

pulling away from the mirror with a mascara brush in my hand, i smiled to my reflection, proud of my talent. "i'm such a hotie!" i stated the obvious, posing like those models you see on magazines. 

just in that moment, the doorbell ring entered my ears, signalising me that someone came to visit me. 

as mom and dad had to stay behind at work, i was the only one available to greet the unknown guest. i knew those weren't them, because they'd never ring a bell, but enter on their own. 

"coming!" i yelled, grabbing a fistful of my dress and pulling it up so it wouldn't bother me in walking downstairs. 

i was careful as i've never been before, trying to walk fast but unable to, as i'd fall and break my neck whilst doing so.