road movies

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

hyun lost consiousness somewhere along our way to the hospital. although it was better for him to be asleep rather than awake and to indure extreme dizziness, i panicked when i saw his eyes closed, until the intern had told me there's still nothing to say about the danger level of the internal injury and that it probably wasn't as big as imagined.

thankfully, the doctors reacted right away by our arrival in the hospital hallways and brought hyun to a quick check-up. i was left all alone on the hospital hallways, anxiously not knowing what to do with myself. i thought i was gonna eat my nails from how bad i'd bite them. 

how i refused to sit, my legs worked back and forth along the paths of hallways. then when, from the corner of my eye, i saw jungkook being led into an e.r., for i guessed some bandaging to be done. 

i gulped. jungkook passed by the main hallway separating the others just minutes after us, whilst i kept myself out of his sight tucked in one of the smaller ones. i caught my head when he disappeared out of my sight. 

so many things caused my head to buzz, i couldn't think straight anymore. one side of my brain kept screaming to keep myself out of his circle and just let him finish his business in here; the other, however, pleaded me to go and check if he was okay. 

maybe he had an external injury, but you could never know if he was in much of a shock as well. if i was a nurse, i wouldn't leave him alone with sharp instruments at this moment. 

i saw the kind of look he had on his face. who knew what currently was running through his head. 

well, i surely knew what was going through mine. 

how i wasn't allowed inside the room where hyun had his state fixed, it was either that i stay and eat myself alive or try and spend some time away from being glued on the door. the lack of oxygen would slowly kill me if i didn't do something. 

that's why i decided to go downstairs and grab myself a bottle of water. i had to hold onto the railing in order to reach the bottom so i wouldn't fall. it was as if fear and anxiety numbed every muscle in my legs and caused me a great headache. 

drinks could only be bought from the machine. when i came face-to-face with one, i entered some money inside and chose a water bottle. the machine accidentally gave me two bottles instead of one. 

i considered leaving it on open for the next person who might want one, but then guilt filled me up. before my brain forced me to change my mind, i grabbed the other bottle and hurried to the e.r.

i couldn't stop thinking about neither one of them. the reason behind their behaviour was still unrevealed to me, and, all honestly, i was dying to know.