2

Queen Isolde's P.O.V

Am I fortunate to be a Queen...? My Majesty's love is divided among so many females. Why am i overthinking... I am certainly privileged to be the chosen one to provide the heir of our Royal Family. But yet i feel like something is missing in my life...

"Daniel Maguire! Where are you going?"

"Greetings, Mother. I'm have a friendly gathering to attend by the horse track. I shall be back in a while." The prince replies standing at the entrance of my chamber.

"I hope to have your presence during the midday meal." I add.

"Rest assured. I shall be in the castle on time."

He left after these words. Daniel is an obedient son... It's unbelievable how different he is from his blood: his Father.

Daniel's P.O.V

I'd rather take my horse than the cart. She must be waiting for me. Why am I feeling the prick of guilt for having lied to Mother.. It doesn't matter, I shall introduce her to them all soon.

"Why are you taking so much time to announce to your Father about our bonding, our love... I do not comprehend why you are so afraid of him, furthermore he already knows my Father and I'm highly certain that he will accept me as a part of the family." She says.

"Princess Valeria, talking to my Father is not as simple as you think. To be honest, I slightly feel miserable to be the offspring of a King. I immensely adore my Mother but I despise the Royal rules and especially its lifestyle. Mother usually seems shrouded in woes rather than contented in her life. My love, I shall assure you that I will only have one partner as my one and only Lady."

"Oh Danny, your words always bring joy to my ears. But having a mistress is in the norms of the Royal life, and I would never abstain you from having one for your own happiness."

"I do not require such happiness that may bring a tinge of grief in your life." I immediately add.

"As you wish. But for the moment, you should get going... it is not quite safe to meet in the periphery of my Father's Kingdom. I desire to get together soon."

"We shall meet after 5 moons at this same place. Farewell Princess Valeria."

"Farewell my prince."

I get on my horse and start heading back to the palace.

Coming up:

"Mother... Are you happy...?" I dare to ask.

"...A Queen isn't just a Heir giver!" I end up yelling.

"DANIEL MAGUIRE! YOU SHALL NOT QUESTION THE ROYAL CULTURES THAT OUR ANCESTORS HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING!..."