33

Daniel's P.O.V

Most of the guests have arrived. I watch as Mother accompanies His Highness to their respective seats in the pavilion.

The pavilion has been lavishly decorated in such short notice! The flowers must have been ordered from a special place since there isn't much here because of this winter. Impressive.

I really don't know what am I supposed to do this while...

I throw a quick look to the entrance of the palace. It seemed like there were some maids above the stairs.

Wait....

I look back! I am bewildered... Who is that? Oh Universe, Is that Grace?

Everyone turn their eyes on the gorgeous girl carefully descending the front stairs...

Good gracious! She is so pretty...

The breeze is playing with her dark hairs while she's making small steps down holding a bouquet matching her white and wine..? coloured gorgeous plain union dress. She isn't even wearing much sparkling jewellery or anything... yet she's looking so endearing...

My heart skipped a beat.

I guess beauty lies in simplicity.

Oh It's starting to snow! The climate is adding to her charm! I'm admiring her with my mouth opened...

The closer she's getting the more divine she's looking! What is this feeling!?

Oh Universe! THIS IS LOVE!

What took me so long to realise this! All those suns, what I've felt for her... was love!

I'm in love with Grace!

Her presence itself made all of my sorrows vanish! She is who I want!

I have no regrets! I'm uniting with someone I truly love! I'm astounded!

Grace's P.O.V

Oh Universe! So many people! I'm shaking.

Universe... everyone's eyes are fixed on me! Thank goodness there's the Prince! I feel safe in his presence!

I'm so fortunate that he considers me his friend.

He's looking charming as usual!

Her Excellency is walking towards me.

"Dear me, you are looking gorgeous!"

"Thank you Your Excellency."

"I shall accompany you to your would be partner!"

Prince Daniel doesn't have much of an expression on his face... he's looking at me with his eyes wide opened. It seems like something dawned upon him.. maybe the realisation that he lost the love of his life...?

I'm now standing right in front of the ravishing tall Prince.

A quite elderly man who I suppose is the Royal priest approaches us in the middle of the striking union altar.

"Prince Daniel, Augustus the third, Maguire."

He's pulled out of some deep thoughts and looks at the priest.

"Please crown Miss Grace Andris."

He delicately lifts a beguiling, dazzling tiara and carefully places it on my hair.

I'm anxious! I've never even touched a crown before!

"Miss Grace Andris, please crown the Prince."

My hands are trembling...

I slowly but firmly lift the golden diadem adorned by precious stones of probably three kinds.

The Prince... is smiling? I think I should maintain a better bearing too since many eyes are currently on us.

He steadily bows down and for a moment, I get lost in these enticing turquoise eyes being placed on the same level as mine; they reassure me.

I succeed to place the crown.

Prince Daniel is exceptionally awe-inspiring. The way he's maintained his calm and faked a convincing smile in this actually stressed situation, he surely is skillful.

Daniel's P.O.V

This is so bizarre! The cloud of happiness covering me was not supposed to be here!

The feelings that have come with this realisation are so confounding. The fact that Grace's innocence has probably not let her notice my feelings is even mystifying!

A moment ago, I was so tensed... and now I really don't care about the past!

The way she's blinking her eyes while intensely looking at me, her delicate hands down right in front of her and her slightly parted cherry lips which are trembling from while to while; I totally love all of her!

I'm just realising that I'm unknowingly holding a wide smile... I must be looking so awkward!!

"Prince Daniel Maguire, I shall be saying some statements and I require you to promise your would be wife that you shall always keep these vows."

Alright.

"You will never leave you consort's side no matter what situation."

"I promise."

"You will never impart even a single tinge of your love towards her to someone else, not even your mistresses."

I throw a quick look at Mother...
Then back to Grace.

"I promise." I shall not even have any mistress.

"Finally, you will never hurt your wife intentionally."

"I promise." Not even in my dreams.

"Alright, Miss Grace Andris, we shall continue with you now."

"You will never disobey your husband."

What... I don't need such a vow from Grace...

"I promise." She say with her innocently sweet voice.

"You will never leave your husband's side especially for any other man."

"I promise."

Oh really! And I'm allowed to have mistresses! Why am I the only one who finds this abnormal!?

"Lastly, no matter what situation, your love for your husband must never diminish."

"I promise." Grace says...

But... she doesn't even love me... she does not even have any idea about my love for her...

Don't worry Grace! I shall make myself worthy of your love and win your heart one sun!

Coming up:

Her delicately soft hand hold my rigid one. I feel a rush of excitement through my veins.

She's now... mine!

"Sir! The Royal guests are now heading towards the Palace! The both of you would better go get ready for the ball." Allencourt informs me.