30

Daniel's P.O.V

Did I.. make the right choice...?

What was wrong with me?!

Now what will I tell my Princess... How will I be able to face her... She will be broken when she'll know about this..

I shall myself acknowledge her about my union before anyone else does. She must not think that I'm keeping her in darkness...

"Thunder, Let's go!"

"Sir-"

"I'll be right back!"

"As you say Sir." The guards make way for me to go.

As I'm racing against this chilly morning breeze, million thoughts are reeling in my mind... I'm in such a big confusion...

How will I meet Valeria though... She wouldn't know about my arrival.

I'm wrong... She knows. She knows about my union. It's her chariot, once again, heading in my direction.

The charioteer stops upon noticing me.. and just like some suns ago, she gets down.. except that this sun... her pain is boundless.

Before I can say anything, she charges at me, bursting into tears..

"Danny tell me that this isn't true! Danny please!"

"I- I'm sorry... I'm soo sorry! I did not have have any other choice! I couldn't let her being punished.. it was unjust..."

"And what about me?! Is this fair?? Aren't you being unjust to me Danny!"

I can't see her like this.. in tears.. what have I done! How can I rectify this...

"I'd told you! I'd told you... She was after you! She must have tricked you so that you make her your Lady! That's all that she wanted Danny!"

"No... It's not like that! I had to save her! She would have got executed!"

"You'd let her be executed darn it!"

"Valeria! You know I'm not like that! I couldn't... I just couldn't..."

"Why do you love ruining everything that much!! I wonder what spell has she done on you! Your Father has executed so many people! Why didn't you interfere then?! Why only for her??"

"Because the rest were actually guilty! But she was not!"

"How do you know! What proof do you have! Fine! Let's admit that she was not guilty. But how can you be sure that your Father has not executed any innocent person before!"

"He might have! I don't know! But I can't let go of the chance of saving an innocent! I'm so sorry..."

"It's your stubbornness that has ruined everything Danny! Only and only your ego!"

I've hurt you a lot... I know...

"You could let things go the way they were going! But NO! You had to be the saviour!"

"Valeria, please forgive me.."

"How can you even expect me to forgive you Danny! No one does what you've done! No one!"

"I couldn't think of any other way-"

"You did not have to do anything! I was mending the situation! I'd even sent a letter to your Father! I was doing my best to keep you safe from her, but you had to mar everything! Why are you like this!"

"It's not that-"

Wait... did she just say... letter?

"You wrote a letter...?"

She looks at me, takes a deep breath...

"YES I DID!"

"So it was you... You wanted Father to execute Grace!!"

"Because you weren't doing anything Danny! You couldn't even see that she was trapping you! You-"

"Enough! I, who was feeling so guilty for having broken your heart.. but now I see it! You didn't love me, did you...?"

"What are you saying!?"

"I'm right! You are simply obsessed with me! And you've proven me that you could go to any extent for your obsession! EVEN MURDERING AN INNOCENT!"

"SHE'S NOT AN INNOCENT!! SHE'S A WITCH DANNY! SHE JUST WANTS POWER! SHE JUST WANTS TO RULE!"

"SHUT UP! Thank Universe you've shown me your true self! At least I'm free of guilt now!"

"So you don't feel any guilt of betraying me anymore... Where is your conscience Daniel! How could you do this to me!"

"Valeria! You've never understood me! Had you really loved me.. you would have tried to help the poor girl instead of making my Father go against her!"

"Go learn from your Father Daniel! What kind of Prince are you?! You're helping such a low class girl! You're uniting with a peasant! OPEN YOUR EYES DANNY! YOU ARE A FUTURE KING! A RULER! RULERS DON'T BEHAVE LIKE THAT!!"

"Yeah, you're right. Rulers don't behave like that.. let's do something.. let's run away.. just you and me! We shall live a normal life like villagers in another Kingdom! I shall sacrifice royalty for you!"

"What- Are you out of your mind! I am a Princess! I can't live like a poor villager!"

"Thank you!"

"Wha-"

"You've cleared all my doubts! If you truly loved me, you'd accept me under any situation! But what you said shows it all Valeria! IT IS YOU WHO IS AFTER POWER!"

"I am not-"

"Say no more! You have made me despise you to such an extent that... oh Universe! Thank you for really opening my eyes. It's over between us now!"

"DANIEL! HOW CAN YOU-"

"I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT! AND I WISH TO NEVER SEE YOUR FACE! GOODBYE!"

I mount on Thunder and leave straight away without turning back even once.

I can't believe what just happened...

Coming up:

I'd better concentrate on my union... but that's as well injustice... to a girl who wanted freedom.

I shall make sure to treat her the best possible way as my Lady! That's the only way I can do justice to her now...
.
.

"...but you're not going to wear only one dress."

Huh.. I'm confused.

"I mean, after the union, there will be a Royal Ball and a Royal Buffet!"