29

Grace's P.O.V

No one can save me now... This is my end.

What was wrong with the Prince though! I don't mind being a mistress! Why is he sacrificing his happiness for my well being!

"Grace, were you really in the castle all this time?" Maisie questions me.

I can't take the risk of telling her the truth.

"Yes.. I'd been looking for you! But it was too dark for me to find my way in the palace."

"I see..."

It seems like it's getting brighter... I suppose the Sun is rising. I look at Allencourt, he appears firm as iron. Not even a crease of fear or worry on his forehead.

"Allencourt! Get them in!" His Majesty's voice makes me jump.

I think I should get ready for my execution now...

"Maid!"

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Get this girl ready for her union on the second sun!"

"As you wish Your Majesty."

Did I hear what He said...? MY UNION?!

How did this happen? How did the Prince manage to convince the King??

"Allencourt! Spread the message throughout the Kingdom and other nearby Kingdoms! I want no stone left unturned in welcoming the Prince's Lady!"

Am I dreaming? HIS HIGHNESS HIMSELF SAID THIS? Oh Universe! This is absolutely unreal! How-?

"Come with me, Your Ladyship!"

Your Ladyship? Me?

My inability to comprehend the situation leads to me simply following Maisie and doing what I'm told.

I'm surrounded by a commotion to which I'm simply a spectator... I still can't grasp what just happened...

"ATTENTION! HER EXCELLENCY, QUEEN ISOLDE IS ARRIVING!" A guard yells to alert all of us.

Everyone stands up and I do so too. The Queen...? I have never seen her before... how come she's here this Sun...?

I watch as an elegant woman clouded in shiny pearls and highly valuable, unique jewellery discerningly enters the room I'm being prepared in. Her golden crown is gleaming and her eyes look exactly like those of the Prince; ocean blue.

I once again do the same as the rest: bow in front of Her Excellency.

The dignified dark haired sovereign approaches holding a small lovely decorated wooden box.

How am I supposed to behave in front of such a reverent being. I'm slightly shaking.. and this time not because of the cold...

Her Excellency is indeed captivating...

"I would like to have some privacy with the future Queen." A soothing voice shaped in words by her perfect rosy lips.

The maids leave us alone.

Her Majesty looks into my eyes.

"My Son has a good taste. You are a really pretty maiden. No wonder why he's decided to make YOU his Lady."

The Queen is addressing me...

"Daniel is very naive.. He cannot bear injustice to anyone. But more than injustice, he will never be able to bear betrayal. But looking at you, I don't feel like such a situation will ever arise."

"I shall make sure to never let The Prince down Your Excellency." I unknowingly say this...

"You are certainly a really sweet girl. Here, this is our ancestral wedding ornament that all Ladies of the Royal Family have been wearing on their union. It is now, yours."

I am.. really becoming part of the Royal Family..

"Your Excellency.., I don't really deserve this... I'm just a simple villager girl, a mere hostage..."

"Listen, If my Son has chosen you, you must be extremely special. And your modesty itself proves my words."

How can I tell you.. that your Son chose me out of helplessness... out of the urge of doing justice... out of the need of saving an innocent!

"Consider me like your Mother."

Mother... I fail to hold my tears.

"It's an honour. Indeed my privilege, I shall assure you that I well keep this ornament close to my heart."

Her Majesty is all smiles at my words. She carefully handle me the precious ornament box and gracefully departs from the place.

No doubts! The Prince has gone after his Mother: humble and kind.

Coming up:

"Danny tell me that this isn't true! Danny please!"

"Valeria, please forgive me.."

"You did not have to do anything! I was mending the situation! I'd even sent a letter to your Father! I was doing my best to keep you safe from her, but you had to mar everything! Why are you like this!"

Wait... did she just say... letter?