55

Grace's P.O.V

"Hold this stick."

Stick...?

I wonder what is Dan going to do. Last Sun went by so quickly!

"I know that on the previous Sun I'd told you that I shall be giving you a weapon for your self defense. But don't worry this isn't that weapon. This stick is just for practise. But you're sure that you'll be able to train? I mean if ever you do not feel well, the training shall immediately stop."

"I shall inform you if such a situation arises."

"You better! Anyway, let's assume I'm an enemy. I will make small attacks on you. Rest assured it will not be anything aggressive. All you have to do is to block my blows."

Huh? Block? But how..

Daniel takes another stick and aims it at Grace out of the blue!

WOAH!

Grace instinctively places her cane in front to protect herself.

"Great! But this was only one shot. Now I shall try to attack you from anywhere and you must try to block me. Don't let my 'weapon' touch you from any side! I will not go harsh on you since it's only the first Sun."

Universe!

Grace, a bit slowly, but beautifully parries all the strikes.

"Alright Prince, I'm getting a better understanding of what you want me to do!"

The Lady starts getting along the practise within no time! Seeing her adjustability, Daniel ups the pace. But despite being a beginner, Grace misses only 1 or 2 blows. Yet none of small amount missed touches her since her husband is taking complete care not to even accidentally injure his Lady!

Daniel's P.O.V

Grace is surprisingly flexible! I was not at all expecting her to be so quick on her feet!

"This is just the beginning Grace! It's really nothing compared to what is coming up!"

"Uhuhh? It's just like the games I've played as a kid! Bring it on Dan! I shall not accept defeat."

"As you wish my Lady!"

Daniel, slowly placing his non dominant hand behind his back and adjusting his stance, with a slight smirk on the face, acts as if he's going to poke Grace.

Just as one end of his 'weapon' is directed towards his wife, the latter takes her stick and remarkably strikes that of her 'opponent' out of her way as well as out his hand!

Woa-

I wasn't prepared for that!

"Impressive! I must say."

"Told you! This used to be a game for me."

Matthew's P.O.V

What are these two doing out here?

"You can ask Matt!" Grace shouts as she notices my arrival.

"About what?"

"Remember when we were younger! We used to play fighting games!"

"Ohh how can I forget those Suns! Do you recall once you ended up throwing me in the river!"

"How can I forget that! You'd grabbed my wrist and we both fell in the water!"

We have a laugh reminiscing those moments!

"But don't tell me you are playing games right now?!"