6

Grace's P.O.V

"GRACE! What are you saying?" Mother shouts with angst rather than anger.

But I'm certain that I have no other choice... The significance that my parents hold in my life can never be replaced by anyone. I can't.. I just can't let any harm fall upon them.

"Your Highness! Ignore my naive daughter, She just blurted words in fear! Please take my life instead..." Father says...

"Enough! Your daughter is the one whom I heard first! I have other huts to visit! Soldiers! Take her to the other prisoners!!" The King bawls.

"And you two are EXPELLED! Get out of Grimwood! Soldiers! Make sure that they do not stay here anymore!!" His Highness adds.

"Your Majesty! PLEASEE FORGIVE MY DAUGHTERRR. I BEG YOUU. Pleaseee!" Father kneels and holds the King's feet...

"GET OFF ME YOU INSOLENT PEASANT!!" The Emperor gets on his chariot while shoving Father out of the way...

The soldiers are heading towards me.. Mother is trying to protect me by standing in front with her hands blocking the way. Is this my fate now? Am I going to serve the King for the rest of my life...

"NOOO GRACEEE" Mother screams as she's pushed aside. A tall armoured soldier grasps my arm while another one thrusts me towards the group of 4 feeble man who I presume have accepted a death sentence.. I turn my head to catch a glimpse of my parents... Mother's eyes meet mine for a brief moment.. water flow from the corners of her eyes to her chin. She is lying on the ground helplessly...

While turning back the image of Father being dragged flashes on the corner of my eyes... I'm trembling like a leaf.. I've been swept by a fear never resented before. It's like when people say one feel when everything's almost over... Is this my end...?

I couldn't think of anything else other than my parents.

King Augustus P.O.V

Are these really my people? SO PATHETIC! And I thought I could reinforce my army using these frail weaklings!

"Your highness! We have till now captivated 5 male and 1 female!" The soldier in charge vociferates.

"All right, we shall continue for the remaining domiciles on the next sun."

"Your Majesty, may I have the permission of unfolding a thought that has been wandering in my mind for a while...?" The commander general asks me.

"Sure, Allencourt."

"Since the Prince's natal Sun and Moon (birthday) is approaching and he's now a young man, I was wondering that You could gift him his first mistress..."

"His first mistress you say...?

"Affirmative. The young female seems suitable for our youthful prince, just as a mistress for practise."

Hmmm... It was surely not that bad of an opinion. My Son has surely grown up now.

"Fine, I shall consider your suggestion."

Coming up:

"Only 5 prisoners today? It seems like a lot sacrificed their women this time..."

"...A villager infuriated His Highness. They apparently hid some of their grains reserves..."

"Daniel! My Son! I've been looking for you."

"... I have a present for you! For your upcoming Natal Sun and Moon!"