28

King Augustus' P.O.V

"Are you out of your mind!? This girl does not belong to a Royal Family! Forget about Royal but she's not even from a high class family!!"

My Son do have a point here about safeguarding my honour by marrying her as soon as possible so that she does not even get the time to escape.

BUT MAKING HER THE FUTURE QUEEN!

It does not make any sense!

"Father, I know well what I'm saying! I don't want people to laugh at me!"

"But my Son, this girl is not yet fully prepared to become a mistress, yet I'm allowing this union to maintain my honour! But your Lady?!"

"Your Majesty, I think Prince Daniel is right. All that matters from the Lady is this Kingdom's heir! Furthermore no one will come to know about the family background of this girl unless we tell them." Allencourt replies.

"But won't this girl's acquaintances know? What if they spread the news about her being a low class girl!" I support my statement!

"We can make it a rule that interrogating anything about Grace is forbidden as I would not like to provide details about my wife." Daniel says.

Making rules is not a problem! But.. His words do make sense though...

"What if we execute this girl and replace her by someone of your choice! This way your union will not be halted and my words will be kept!"

Daniel's P.O.V

Father is persistent of executing Grace! How will I ever be able to save her now?

"But Father, Grace has already been purified!"

"But if she's executed, there will no longer be any threat! Your union will then take place on the previously decided sun which will give us enough time to at least purify the other girl! Or better option, you could choose a Princess Son!"

Princess... I'm sorry Valeria! But I'll have to do this... I'll have to save Grace no matter what!

"But Your Highness.. why waste some of the rituals that have already been done!" What am I even saying!

"Son! I'm truly unable to comprehend when do you insist on uniting with this mere maiden!!"

What should I say?? Ughh I will get caught for sure!

"Because I do not intend to offend our ancestors!"

"What you're saying does not even make any sense!" Father yells.

Oh Universe! Oh wait! I've an idea!

I slowly approach His Majesty and whispers to him, "Father.. could we talk about this in private...?"

He gives me a puzzled look...

"SOLDIERS LEAVE! Allencourt! Take this girl and the maid and wait outside the courtroom!"

"What is it Son! What do you have to tell me?"

"Father, please forgive me! I was not able to control myself! And... and.. I got extremely close to this girl..." I should be rewarded for my lying skills.

"What do you mean by close..?" His voice echoes.

I'm either going to get in big trouble or may succeed. Ugh I see no other way!

"I almost did the forbidden... without a union..."

"WHAT!"

"This is why.. I'm insisting on uniting with her as soon as possible to avoid enraging the souls of our ancestors.. to prevent them from giving us any curse..."

"What have you done Son! Do you even realise this! Oh Mighty Universe! What were you thinking!"

"Why would I otherwise want to unite with this girl that eagerly! I don't know what happened-"

"It's alright..."

WHAT! DID HIS HIGHNESS JUST SAY IT'S ALRIGHT? I mean I'm saved but how come he isn't angry...?

"Such things do happen during such period of youthful emotions."

Please no! I'd better be scolded than comforted right now...

"When I was like you, even I'd nearly made such a sin once the day before my union. So I understand the urge you might be feeling. But at least you do regret what you did!"

Honestly... I'm even disgusted of this man! I just made up some nasty excuse that turned out to be... relatable?

"But are you sure about making her your Lady?"

"This is not only to save my reputation Father. I had a dream.. a dream about our ancestors! In which a mysterious voice who claimed to be my forefather was guiding me! He said that the only way to truly repent and avoid any mishap would be to make this girl my Lady!"

What a mind you have Daniel! From where do you come up with such excuses!

"Ohhhhh, if this is what our progenitors want, who am I to go against!"

Coming up:

"Allencourt! Spread the message throughout the Kingdom and other nearby Kingdoms! I want no stone left unturned in welcoming the Prince's Lady!"

I'm surrounded by a commotion to which I'm simply a spectator... I still can't grasp what just happened...

"ATTENTION! HER EXCELLENCY, QUEEN ISOLDE IS ARRIVING!" A guard yells to alert all of us.