38

Grace's P.O.V

The Prince looks a bit lost... How come he didn't know about what is forbidden for people of the lowest class... I wonder if they even talk about us people...

"So you were simply going to live an existence of misery?" He asks...

"Uhmm, for us this is a normal existence..."

"Does that mean you were never going to sense lov- I mean you would just do what's needed to uhmm remain alive until your end...?"

"Normally... we are just supposed to love the person we get united to and consider himself our only support."

"Ohh... so that's why you do not really know what is it to do something with one's consent... you usually just did what you were told to!"

"I guess..."

But that's how it goes right..?

Daniel's P.O.V

I feel so bad for her! But the fact that she was going to love me as she doesn't have any other choice is somewhat pleasing yet sad...

Wait...

"So that means you love me?" I take a chance!

"Basically yes... right? Isn't this what I'm supposed to do?"

Oh Universe! She loves me without knowing the real meaning of love!

Grace, don't worry! I shall make you feel this glorious emotion!

"You know what, I need your permission for something..." I tell her.

"Uhuh..?"

"Please allow me to make you realise your importance..."

"What? I did not really comprehend what you meant but you have the permission..."

Are you sure about this Daniel? Besides she is forever stuck with me... I suppose I should get forward with this relationship.

"There's a little something we do to show our love to our Lady or Sire in Royal families... I'm pretty sure you do not know about it but consider it a small step of... interlocking. So that you do not feel like you did not complete any ritual today..."

Oh Grace, I'm going to do this just to make you sense this feeling of love!

Grace's P.O.V

"As you wish..."

This is so weird! The Prince needs not to ask me for permissions! He is my Sire. I do not have the right to ever disobey him..

What is he doing?

Prince Daniel slowly bends down so that he's on the same level as me... he steadily slides his gloved hands behind my waist and my neck!

His deep gaze fixed on my eyes is somewhat intimidating but also beautiful...?

"Close your eyes..." He whispers really gently to me.. I feel his breath while he pulls my face towards his...

And then, is that his lips?

WHAT IS HAPPENING??

His soft... moist, plump lips touch mine! I feel something... something undescribable...

Prince Daniel holding me firmly... his upper lip is in between the both of mine... his nose is brushing by my cheek...

My hands lift up and get placed on the Prince's neck and back by themselves! The Prince's warmth has clouded me...

What is this feeling??

The Prince suddenly withdraw himself and I gasp to take a breath! My cheeks heat up..? Universe! What was this!?

Daniel's P.O.V

We are both panting while our eyes meet intensely. Oh Universe!

I KISSED HER!

Is she holding me...? I feel something rushing through my whole body... I so want to do this again!

"What was this...?" Grace, confused, asks me.

"I... kissed you!"

"Kissed me...?"

"Uhuh..." she looks puzzled.

"I've never heard about what you just did..." she replies.

"Because this.. is something that only happens between husband and wife." I feel so awkward!

"Look, you must be really tired after all these rituals today... you'd better take some rest, I shall be right back!"

She gently nods at me after which I get out of the chamber to ponder upon what just happened!

Grace's P.O.V

This was not at all how Maisie had told me it would be...

And what the Prince did... was so weird yet good in a way..? What was that action? I'm so puzzled!

I suppose He's right, I shall take some rest.

Daniel's P.O.V

How can someone be this gorgeous?! I have become a prisoner of her green sparkling eyes that behold a stare so dense!

I believe she was meant to be mine! This is truly the game of destiny! Hadn't Valeria sent His Highness this letter, and hadn't the maid noticed Grace escaping... I would have been separated from her for Universe knows how long!

Valeria's presence in my life had been blocking me from seeing my real love! And now that I see it, I feel so blessed!

General P.O.V

Daniel once again enters his own chamber where he finds on his bed laying deep asleep his charismatic Lady. He quietly approaches her, kneels beside and slowly places the curtain of hairs covering Grace's face behind her ears.

Wishing for the moon to never end, The elegant Prince admires her love with pure joy.

Coming up:

"Maisie..?" I whisper.

"The interlocking moon was not at all like you described me...

"... He did something and said that He kissed me." I reply

Maisie is startled by what I tell her.. Why does she seem so surprised?!

"Oh Grace! Good fortune! The Prince really likes you!"