32

Grace's P.O.V

"Grace... wake up... The coming sun is a very significant sun my dear. It's your union sun."

I'm not in that of a deep sleep, I actually haven't really been able to sleep soundly. I'm experiencing a weird feeling, I do not even have words to describe it.

I simply get up. It seems like the moon is going set now.

"I've got everything prepared Grace. Now it's your turn to get ready following a last but really important purification ritual."

Maisie takes me to a much beautifully decorated purification chamber, where four other maids bow upon my entrance.

"Your Royal bath is ready, Your Ladyship." A young maid informs me...

Daniel's P.O.V

I guess I should just go along what's going to happen... I don't really see any other choice.

"Daniel.."

"Greetings Mother. How come you're here so early?"

"I'm here to have a little important talk with you."

"Yes..?"

"She's really pretty."

Pretty? What is Mother talking about...

"Who Mother?"

"Oh c'mon... my Daughter in law!"

"Ahh Grace..."

"Yes, I met her... And I must say, you made a really good choice! Contrary to what I've seen in other Princesses, she's extremely humble and kind."

"Because she's not a Princess..."

"Which makes her stand out of the rest dear!"

"I know Mother, but there is a specific reason why I'm uniting with her. However I want you be honest with me. Are you happy?"

"With your choice?" She asks.

I wish I could ask with yours even though I know you'd never answer anything related to Father... but never mind you do be seeming happier than usual...

"Yes..."

"Well, of course! I'm rather pleased with the girl you went for!"

Grace will surely be a great friend to you as well Mother... I hope that you'll be able to open up to her if not me...

"Son, you'll have to get ready soon. I've ordered a servant to bring to you some Royal ornaments that you shall wear on your union. They'll be brought soon. I hope you have already made your choice for the wearing."

"Yes mother.."

"Greetings Your Excellency! I've brought the crown as you asked me to."

Crown?

"Wonderful! You may leave."

"Mother what is this crown for?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you! You shall not wear your usual crown during the union! Your would be Lady will crown you with a new Royal crown just before the main ceremony! And this one, is hers! That is you'll have to crown her too!"

"Ahh I see."

"The both of you will then take your vows and lastly exchange rings! Our Royal Goldsmith spent the whole moon making these rings."

Which I would have exchanged with Valeria... Daniel! Forget about that selfish maiden at least for this sun! You would not want to ruin Grace's life!

"Where are you lost Daniel?"

"Huh, uhh nothing Mother..."

"If you're saying. By the way we are expecting a lot of guests this sunset! Be ready for the feast!"

Feast?! Ohhh obviously! I'm uniting with my Lady...

Grace's P.O.V

I've never been dressed up by so many maids before! They are all doing their best in making me look the prettiest i've ever been.

"Grace, do you like the accessories I chose for you...?"

"Yes Maisie! They are wonderful! They really go along my dress."

"Thank you..." She seems really glad.

Oh the Royal ornament! I cannot forget about that! I would not want to disappoint Her Excellency.

For the first time ever, I open the the lovely tiny wooden box and my eyes are pleased with a necklace of gleaming pearls! It's so beautiful!

I don't know why, but my eyes tear up a bit! I have a fear of not being up to the expectations people will have from me... despite having a much better living than I would have alternately had as a mistress, I feel the lack of my actual loved ones..

"Grace, let me explain you the rituals you will have to carry in a while."

Hmm

Maisie kindly instructs me what I have to do, and I'm now even nervous because I have no knowledge about any of these.. What if I misplace the Prince's crown! Oh Universe!

"You are almost ready, Grace! We shall bring you out in a moment!"

Daniel's P.O.V

Alright, I'm done. Focus Daniel! Forget your grief for this sun!

"Sir! The ceremony shall begin soon!"

I turn around to be see Allencourt..

"Hmm, I wish we had tried to continue the escape that moon... Now Grace will be forever tied here..."

"But Sir, you have done your best by making her your Lady! You could easily get her to parents whenever she'd like now."

"That's true!"

"Let's go to the union pavilion Sir! I'm afraid it's too late to keep any regrets now!"

"You're right..."

Coming up:

I throw a quick look to the entrance of the palace. It seemed like there were some maids above the stairs.

Everyone turn their eyes on the gorgeous girl carefully descending the front stairs...

What took me so long to realise this! All those suns, what I've felt for her... was love!