34

Grace's P.O.V

"Now that you have already taken your vows, let us proceed to the most significant ritual." The Royal Priest tells us.

"Prince Daniel Maguire, do you accept Miss Grace Andris as your Lady?"

"I do."

"Miss Grace Andris, do you accept Prince Daniel Maguire as your Sire?"

"I do.."

"You may now exchange the rings under the blessings of your forefathers memories."

And my actual parents' memories as well...

The Prince holds my left hand and slowly places the beautiful gold ring exquisitely adorned by a precious stone I'd never seen before.

Daniel's P.O.V

Her delicately soft hand hold my rigid one. I feel a rush of excitement through my veins.

Grace carefully picks up the wide golden diamond ring and slides it on my ring finger.

"I pronounce you Sire and Lady!" and we are showered by a manifold of different petals.

She's now... mine!

But not really... rather forcefully...

I turn around to admire her Universely beauty. But she seems in agony... despite masking her woe with a smile.. I totally sense it.

It's definitely puzzling how I read through her soul although having known her for such little while...

She's shivering... My heart aches upon seeing her in any kind of pain.

I take off my coat and place it over her shoulders to keep her in warmth.

"Thank you.." she looks straight in my eyes. Universe... her slight gaze brings heat to my cheeks..? In spite of this harsh winter? How is this possible.

"Sir! The Royal guests are now heading towards the Palace! The both of you would better go get ready for the ball." Allencourt informs me.

I do not wish to part ways from Grace! Not even for a small while after having realised my true feelings...

"Come Grace, I shall accompany you to your chamber." I quickly add.

"Do not bother yourself, Your Eminence. Us maids will accompany Her Ladyship to her chamber."

"No.. there's nothing to bother about this... you all should rather go prepare Grace's chamber.. She should join you soon."

"As you wish Your Eminence." The maid instructs the rest to follow her.

I lead Grace to a fine chair and we sit together to have a small chat after the departure of the rest to the castle except for Allencourt who's still here to ensure our safety.

"Hey... uhmm I don't really know what to say..." Why did I even try to start a conversation when I had no words!!

"Hmm, I understand... It must be hard for you. Suddenly united to a mere girl like me... and sacrificing the love of your life."

YOU ARE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE GRACE!

"It would most probably be harder for you. Without your parents, being stuck to a stranger for your remaining existence now..."

"No... you are not a stranger! You are actually the only person I can trust here! The only one who makes me feel assured."

You really believe in me this much? You truly make me feel significant Grace.

"Don't worry, I shall always be here for you. I promise!" I tell her.

"That's extremely kind of you... but please do not commit yourself to me. I do not wish to be.. a burden.. or an obstacle for you."

"No not at all! You mean a lot for me! I mean.. you are close to me.."

"And I am grateful for being allowed to be your friend." Ahh Grace.. I so wish I could tell you that you're more than a friend to me... but I'll wait for the right moment.

"I am indeed lucky to have a friend like you! Let me accompany you to your chamber."

"Let's go." She gives me the sweetest of smiles.

I don't know why, but I can't take my eyes off her! And I don't even realise when we reach the chamber...

"Uhmm see you in a while.." I tell her before she enters the magnificent chamber where her maids have been waiting for her.

Grace's P.O.V

The moment I set foot in this chamber, my eyes lay on the gorgeous beige gown sparkling in the centre.

"I hope you like the dress I chose for you dear."

Maisie truly has a high sense of wearing! And the accessories she picks up to accompany these marvellous dresses are even wonderful!

This time I'm being prepared for the ball more quickly.. I'm really scared.. There will be so many Royal Dignified guests in the ballroom.

"Let's go Your Ladyship. I shall accompany you to your destination." One of the much younger maids says to me.

Hopefully all goes well during the feast!

Coming up:

That's... Valeria's Father, King Arlington! I see, he's accompanied by only his Son, Prince Leo.

"Let me do the honour of adding to your grace a little compliment! You are really pretty, Your Ladyship!"

I fold my hand in a fist... How dare he flirt with my wife!?

"Daniel... I must say, thy choice is stunning! May I steal her from you for a while? At least for a dance, friend." Leo's words enrage me!