35

Daniel's P.O.V

I'm hereby once again waiting for Grace's arrival... But this while, more impatiently than ever.

I'm not even paying attention to some guests congratulating me.

However, I must say, the ballroom has been exceptionally decorated this sun. I mean like never before! The amount of majestic chandeliers and smooth silk drapes embellishing this place is so pleasing.

And why should it not be! They are here to welcome my love...

I still can't get over the fact that I fell for this girl in just some meetings.. or was I already head over heels for her since the first moment I saw her...?

I remember being dazzled by her beautiful features and amazed by her attitude. She's so.. Perfect!

"Congratulations Daniel Maguire!"

That's... Valeria's Father, King Arlington! I see, he's accompanied by only his Son, Prince Leo.

"Thank you..."

"Hey Daniel! Already got your Lady huh! Sorry I was not present during the union. I was a bit busy. Well, my warm wishes to you and the Lady!"

"It's alright and thank you." I hate this man. The whole family, actually... a family of serpents!

I shall never forget the day Leo humiliated Allencourt for being of a low class... This man is surely an arrogant and ruthless one.

"Her Ladyship is arriving!" A soldier announces and we all turn to face the entrance.

The door opens to reveal a prepossessing, ravishing lady in a beguiling dress with her hairs opened on which is seated the enchanting golden crown that I myself placed on her a while ago.

I going to melt! My heart is racing, my breath has been snatched, I'm lost of words...

Even the crowd has been blinded by her gleaming beauty.

She steadily approaches me making my heart beat even faster...

I wish I could hug her, hold her hands and truly love her! Furthermore the musicians are adding to this idyllic atmosphere!

Thank you Universe, for bringing Grace in my existence!

"Gra-"

"Greetings Your Ladyship!" Leo cuts me off by getting between us!! HOW DARE HE!?

"Let me begin with the introduction! I'm Prince Leo Quentin, and you are..?"

"Greetings... I'm Grace, Grace Andris... Maguire."

"Let me do the honour of adding to your grace a little compliment! You are really pretty, Your Ladyship!"

I fold my hand in a fist... How dare he flirt with my wife!?

"Oh, uhh thank you..." Grace hesitantly says.

"I'm Daniel's close friend!"

Since when, Leo?

"Ahh I see..." she replies.

"Congratulations on your union dear," King Arlington meets Grace.

I wish to have some privacy with my love!

"Daniel... I must say, thy choice is stunning! May I steal her from you for a while? At least for a dance, friend." Leo's words enrage me! But I can't even create a scene in front of so many people!

"My Lady doesn't like the company of other men as such you know.. You would not like to make her uncomfortable on such an occasion, would you...?"

"Aghh, bad luck, I guess." He looks at me from the corner of his black eyes.

Before he can say anything, I extend my gloved hand to that of Grace and offer her to dance with me.

Perplexed, she stares at me, but still places her delicate lotus hand on mine and we head to the middle of the chamber.

"Prince... I don't know how to dance..." Grace nervously acknowledges me.

"Don't worry, just follow my feet and hold me firmly!" I whisper to her.

The musicians fire up the atmosphere with some strong yet slow violin tune.

"Place your left hand on my shoulder..." I signal her.

"I don't want to end up humiliating you..."

"Trust me, just follow your instincts."

Grace's P.O.V

Why did the Prince bring me here?! I really do not even have a single idea about dance. I've only heard of it from relatives and friends!

Which instincts to follow? I don't understand!

Prince Daniel slowly slips his left hand on my waist and steadily holds my right hand up.

We start to dance....

Thankfully he's not making fast movements. I move along him while secretly observing the pattern his legs are making from while to while. I soon get it!

Dancing is not that hard finally!

"You're doing really good!" The prince whispers to my ear following a confident smile on his behalf.

He doesn't let me notice the huge crowd fixing their gaze on us for a long while! But upon noticing them, the Prince's presence assures me so we continue to sway.

It is unbelievable how at ease I be around Prince Daniel! He's a really admirable man!

We hence spend most of the sunset dancing...

Coming up:

My eyes fall on Leo taking a seat at the first chair after the Royal ones... probably wishing to be beside Grace!

"What I'll need to do...? Are there more rituals to come up Maisie?"

"Yes dear! Your most significant Moon after the union! The Interlocking Moon!"