44

Daniel's P.O.V

It seems like Grace already knows this valorous Commander General.

"Universe! I can't believe how much you've grown up!" Grace exclaims.

Matthew, puzzled, is looking at her with a thinking cap on.

"It's me! Grace!!"

Matthew's eyes widen while his jaws go slack.

"GRACYYY!!" He cries as he clutches my love to him. Grace embraces him back...

Gracy? What is going on??

"What a pleasant surprise! How come you are here in Dragonshore!" Matthew curiously asks Grace.

"That's a long story which I shall narrate you later on.. but I still can't believe it's actually you!"

"Nor do I! You've really changed! Yet, you are still the same Gracy I used to know!" He replies while slightly holding Grace's face...

Well obviously she'll change! She won't remain the same for years.

"As I see you already know MY LADY..." I interrupt them.

"Lady?! Gracy! You've gotten united! No one told me!!" Matthew seems shocked.

"As I said, it's a really long story Matt, but Prince Daniel has done a lot of favours on me. And I am very grateful to him." She looks at me... with respect... and back to her friend... with love?

Despite being so close to her I'm still far from my love... she doesn't even call me by my name!

"Prince.. I think we shall get back to the castle now... it's getting quite late." Grace brings me back from my thoughts.

"Let me accompany you to your kingdom." Matthew adds.

"No! I mean... you are the Commander General here! Why would you leave your Kingdom just to accompany us to ours. You'd better safeguard your town. We would not want to bother you..."

I want some privacy!!!

"Oh not at all! Our guard system is quite different here.. the kingdom has 4 Commander Generals to assure safety! Furthermore, I was about to take a break of some suns to finally visit my family in Grimwood. And accompanying you is the least I could do for Gracy!" Matthew acknowledges me.

"That's wonderful!" Grace excitedly replies.

"Moreover, you could narrate me your long story on the way!" He adds.

"Sure!"

There's nothing I can do except watching them chatter... Grace has never seemed this happy before..

As we get outside, Matthew leads Grace to his horse.. and it dawns upon me that I will be returning alone.. on Thunder. It amazes me how this guy can make my wife forget my own existence...

General P.O.V

Daniel watches as Matthew holds Grace by her waist to help her get on his beautiful black Royal mare; a way that even Daniel himself never thought of.

Grace sits with both her legs facing sideward while still cheerfully nattering to her long lost childhood friend.

Daniel feels somewhat... distanced.

Daniel's P.O.V

I shall get Thunder beside them.

Is Grace really that joyful after meeting this friend of hers... has she just forgotten about me-

"Prince!" Grace calls me. I get nearer to them.

"Take your coat.. The way back will be freezing." She still cares for me..

"Thank you Grace.." for taking me into consideration....

"Sir Daniel, take on the lead, I shall follow your horse. And Grace begin your story." Matthew says.

What can I even do at this moment.. as long as Grace is happy I shall have no objections..

We begin the journey back.. and I occasionally throw a couple of looks behind on my right only to see Matthew sympathising with Grace as she lets out the things she went through these recent suns.

How can I forget.. that Grace simply considers me a saviour.. a mere right doer who has favours on her.. just a Royal offspring who's helped her. She doesn't even have any feelings.. towards me.

Grace's P.O.V

"And that's how I'm now the Prince's Lady.."

"Oh my goodness... how did you manage to bear all this injustice Gracy! I wish I were there for you! I would have done my utmost best to help you!"

"Let bygones be bygones Matt. As the Prince says, some things happen for the best."

My dearest childhood friend nods at my words as we are slowly moving towards Grimwood.

But this seating is so uncomfortable.

Matt speeds up a bit to get to the side of Prince Daniel and Thunder. Since I'm facing the side... all I see is the Prince elegantly controlling his best companion. His dark black hairs flow smoothly against the icy breeze while his perfect stance and disciplined posture keep me in awe. I never really saw him from such a perspective on Thunder..

I somewhat wish to be with him..

And we halt abruptly. I could have fallen being seated sidewards. I suppose we are not too far from the palace since the regions around seem quite familiar. We are probably in proximity to Grimwood.

Matt, who's already gotten down lends me a helping hand by holding me while I try to glide down his transport.

The 2 young men tie their respective horses to a barren tree and we proceed to take a seat in the little shelter kiosk made for travellers.

Matthew's P.O.V

After so long.. I finally met Gracy.. this is simply unbelievable. My heart aches when I think.. she had to go through so much hardships. I should be really grateful to this Prince, who left no stone unturned in protecting my dearest friend.

I must admit, she's turned into a gorgeous young girl. Fortunately Universe gave her the life of Royals. She truly deserves this.

I turn to face my lovely friend only to find her gazing at her valiant Sire adjusting the sword he took at the battle on his smooth skin belt. Both seem lost in deep thoughts... should I say something...?

"Uh.. Sir Maguire, you have a really glamorous horse, I must say."

"Oh, thank you.. Thunder is my personal favourite since the first time I saw him.. that is since he was a foal." He replies.

"Finally! I'm not the only one who names his horse!"

"Ha, What's yours' name?"

"Ocean. Since she was trained along the coast of Dragonshore, I found no better name than ocean."

"Oh that's a sweet name." Gracy says.

Following this conversation is palpable silence. I don't even know what to expect at the Royal Castle of Grimwood.

Coming up:

The sun is almost down. Where has Maguire taken Grace for so long! My beauty must have been freezing out there all because of that insolent!

"I thought you wouldn't come." I ask her.

"Well.. I only here for revenge!" She replies to me.

"And how to you intend to take your revenge, Valeria! ..."