66

Grace's P.O.V

Why am I feeling so.. anxious.. Universe please keep all of us safe.

Most of the enemy horses do not go beyond the trap set for them. Nevertheless many enemies manage to reach the Royal Yard where they are having to face the remaining half of the soldiers standby...

The Sun has set... The darkness is making the situation even scary..

"Grace..."

"Yes, Mother..?"

"What if this is our end-"

Mother's words leave me speechless.

She holds my hand in the dark and starts weeping...

This can't be the end! This is not the end! I have so much to tell Dan... I haven't even... confessed my feelings to him.. I... never got the chance to tell him how much.. I.. I love him.

Daniel's P.O.V

Fortunately Allencourt saw that sword blow heading towards me! Otherwise, this could have proven fatal!

Daniel gets engaged in a sword fight with none other than Bane... The commander general of Dragonshore.

I've seen this person somewhere... I try to get a better view of his face with the little bit on Sunlight left of the Sunset.

"SOLDIER BANE?!" Allencourt yells!

"Sir Allencourt!?"

It seems like they know each other...

"What are you doing here!? Isn't Wintervale the Kingdom attacking us!?"

"Dragonshore has been, is and will always be a faithful ally to Wintervale, Sir!"

DRAGONSHORE? What is going on...? I'm so confused!

"But how did the King forget his friendship with Grimwood's Ruler!?"

"I am simply following the orders Sir! I have no answer to any other question..."

He proceeds to attack me!

"I'd never thought that the Kingdom that trained me would attack the Kingdom I serve on a Sun!"

"I am helpless Sir! I must follow my King's command! In a war.. no one is our friend.."

"On one place there's you, who is determined to destroy us.. on another there was Dragonshore's other commander.. who was determined to help us.. WHAT AN IRONY!" I say striking on his sharp sword with mine.

"I wonder how you poisoned Commander Brock's mind that he turned against his own Kingdom! He deserves what happened to him!" Bane strikes injuring my left arm and leaving a cut on Thunder's neck!

"HOW DARE YOU?!"

Thunder gets on his rear legs and kicks the commander off his transport!

"Listen! I have no enmity against you! Take your troop and leave! I will let you live!"

As Daniel turns around, Bane gets up proceeding to attack him!

"AAAGHHH!!"

I turn around to see Commander Bane yelling in pain as Allencourt cuts off his right arm...

"You should be grateful Bane! Our Prince gave you the opportunity of saving your life and you want to let go of this golden chance so easily!?" Allencourt shouts!

"I'D RATHER LEAVE DEAD THAN DEFEATED!"

"SO BE IT!"

Daniel slits his neck with a flick of his shockingly sharp sword! From the Prince's point of view, Bane's headless neck aligns with the greyish red horizon: the sun sets.