37

Grace's P.O.V

Ohh... so that's what I'm supposed to do...

Maisie explained me all the steps of interlocking while getting me ready for it... but it sounds really weird...

Grace! Forget about weirdness! You owe the Prince a lot! He saved your life by uniting with you. You cannot deny this ritual now! You don't have the right to!

"And don't forget dear! Never refuse anything to the Prince! He is your Sire, It therefore is your duty to obey and please him." Maisie lastly say.

"I shall keep this in mind, Maisie. Thank you for guiding me."

"The other maids will lead you to your Sire's chamber where he will soon join you."

Alright...

So all I have to do is to wait for the Prince and let him... let him... do whatever he wants with my body and let him... enter... Why does this sound so hard!!

I mean what was I even expecting interlocking to be like!

However, it's unfortunate that I'm being told about this by strangers instead of by my Mother a sun before my union...

But I guess this is my fate now... and I shall not object the will of destiny.

Daniel's P.O.V

I would love to spend time with Grace.. to have privacy with her.. but interlocking!? And without her will...

This is a major step of our union, but it's also something that requires the consents of the both of us.

I shall never! Never force Grace to expose herself to me without her will!

The poor girl... she might not even know much about this... most of the villagers usually lack knowledge on such an important yet sensitive matter...

Now that I'm her husband, I shall do my best to teach her what's right and what's not! I shall acknowledge Grace with most of the things she's unaware of!

Don't worry Grace! I shall not let you be in darkness.

"Sir! You shall head to your chamber now! Your Lady is waiting for you." Savoy came to inform me..

My feet take me to my destination..

I look at my tall solid silver door, then slowly open it to be welcomed by a gorgeously adorned chamber lit by a proper amount of candles and embellished by silky rose petals...

In the middle of the chamber, on my cotton bed, she is elegantly seated once again in a plain gown which somehow yet adds to her beauty.

Her head tilted down clearly indicates that she's in a deep thought...

I just wish I could spend this whole moon sitting in front of her and admiring her being lost in her own world. She's so fascinating!

I truly feel that an interlock would ruin our friendly relationship.. our lovely bond.

"Grace..."

"Oh Prince Daniel! I apologise for not having noticed your entrance!"

"Hey, it's alright! What were you thinking about?"

"Uh nothing."

"You know you can tell me right? Besides it's better to share your feelings rather than keeping them for oneself." I smile at her.

"Well... I was thinking about my parents... about how different my union would have been in their presence."

"You really miss them, don't you?"

"Hmmm..." A tear rolls down her cheek.

"I really.. wish they were by my side.. during such an important step of my existence!" Her voice cracked.

How.. how does she make my heart melt so easily?!

"Heyy.. hey.. don't cry..." I embrace her and allow her to let all out!

"I'm so sorry..! I'm interrupting such a significant moon!" She starts wiping her tears.

"You can begin the ritual! I once again apologise for the retardation.."

"There's no need to apologise to me Grace! I shall always be by your side no matter what! Remember? I promised you this sun!"

She nods.

"And listen, I shall not force you to interlock with me.."

"Huh? But isn't this a ritual?" She innocently replies.

"Look, interlocking, is a huge step after a union. But! It is a step that needs to be carried out with... love and agreement!"

I surely I'm in love with you! However, that doesn't mean I shall only take into consideration my personal interest...

"I know, as a mistress you would have been obliged to do this... But you are not a mistress! You are My Lady! And we shall get to this step.. only when you are truly ready for it!"

"But Prince.. I'm already united with you.. There is no reason for me to forbid you from this..."

"There is! Uhm... Have you ever loved someone?"

"Yes! My parents!"

"No... I'm talking about a boy... I mean the love that would have led to you uniting with him... you're getting me?"

"Ohhh. Well no! We are not allowed to do so! Being of the lowest class... we are supposed to unite with whomever our parents choose for us..." her words surprise me!

"What! This is unfair! So you do not know how it is to actually love someone...?"

"Honestly... no."

Ah Grace! How will you ever realise any feelings for me if you do not even know what feelings they are!

Coming up:

"... we are just supposed to love the person we get united to and consider himself our only support."

"So that means you love me?" I take a chance!

"Basically yes... right? Isn't this what I'm supposed to do?"

Oh Universe! She loves me without knowing the real meaning of love!