68

Daniel's P.O.V

"YOU WILL NEVER WIN, QUENTIN! EVIL NEVER WINS!!"

"BUT YOU ARE THE EVIL ONE HERE MAGUIRE!!"

"You have been blinded by your ego! Stop this war, Leo!" I try to reason him!

"Aw are you-" Leo strikes on my sword! "-afraid of losing!? Daniel Maguire?" He continues!

"Never!"

"Well.. GUARDS I NEED SOME HELP HERE!"

Huh?! THIS IS NOT FAIRPLAY! HE IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THEM ALL ATTACK ME AT ONCE, IS HE!?

"AGHHH!"

Daniel wails in pain as his armour is slit from behind! The moment he turns around to fight the enemy who attacked him, another one injures his left shoulder with a sharp blade!

Daniel and Leo slowly get surrounded by soldiers encircling them on black stallions holding torches on their left hands! Leo smirks at Daniel's horrified face!

Each time the righteous Prince is injured, the evil one feels a rush of excitement! The more Daniel is wounded, the more Leo starts letting out maniacal laughs!

"AGHHH!"

I cannot give up! I cannot give up!!!

Daniel, shrouded in pain, starts attacking the enemy horses and manage to make 3 soldiers bite the dust!

"You are stubborn, aren't you?! I know you will not accept defeat so easily! Guards! Halt! Leave him to me now!! Go destroy the castle!"

"Quentin- Stop this!" As I take a step forward, I realised how weakened I have been: I lose control of my feet and fall to my knees!

I start feeling a pulsating pain all over.. my wounds.. burn.

"Oh? You're bowing to me already? That was quick!"

"SHUT! Your filthy mouth! Quentin!"

"Huhh? What if I.. DON'T? HAHA! Any last wishes?" He questions me as he raises his sword with his both hands just above me!

Grace's P.O.V

I need to get out of here before they reach me! Urghh I do not know any secret doors in the castle!! Where shall I go from!?

"THERE SHE IS!!"

Universe no! Help me please!!

Grace's feet carry her to the only way out she knows: the front door! The sky is getting brighter! The Sun is about to rise!

OH UNIVERSE!! This- this is a battlefield! How will I escape from here!?

Grace, confused, tears up and starts looking around! She continues sprinting ahead in the hope of finding a way out in the dim lights!

She starts panting.

She stops to look around when her eyes fall on something... on someone... on her Sire.

He is draped in blood from head to toe, knelt on snow, facing back to his Lady! His hairs are flowing to the rhythm of the icy breeze. He looks.. helpless.

Time freezes as Leo forcibly plunges in his shimmering sword through the Prince's chest: through his ribs... through his heart!

Dark red blood splatters on the snow behind him. Daniel does not even get time to let out a shriek.

His head lifts up abruptly to take a better look at his opponent before he falls to his side. His fall is cushioned by velvety red snow while his radiance starts fading...

Grace who had just witnessed the entire traumatic incident with her eyes widened in absolute horror and pain, takes a while to take in whatever she saw.

How could she accept this... Her eyes were surely betrayed!! Her Sire couldn't die just like that! This was not possible!

But this was indeed the stark reality...

"DANIEL!!!!!!"

"Oh? Look who's here!"

Before Grace could even begin to head towards the lifeless body of her love.. she's interrupted by the cold blooded murderer who took her Sire's life right in front of her!

"How sad! Your Sire was so.. pitiful. But don't worry my love! I've gotten rid of him! That thorn will no longer be in our path now! Come! Come with me! Be my Lady dear! Trust me you will not even miss Dani-"

With a flick of her sharp edged sword, in the blink of an eye, Grace decapitates Leo's head before he could even end his sentence...

Leo's headless neck perfectly aligns the rising Sun.

Grace starts limping towards the corpse of her beloved. But her path stays incomplete as a guard stabs the Lady on her back out of the blue!

She falls on her knees... then flat on her stomach. Blood drips off the corner of her mouth but she doesn't care! All that matters for her is to see the love of her life one last time.

She extends her arm towards the back of Daniel's head which is sadly.. just out of reach. She struggles to at least touch his hair.. but too late as her breath is snatched from her...

Queen Isolde's P.O.V

"LEAVE ME YOU TRAITOR!"

"My Queen.. Accept your fate! This is now your destiny!! Come with me!"

Arlington, grabbing her Majesty by her arm, rushes out of the Palace with a triumphant smile!

The only sorrow bothering him is the lost of his Princess! But he intends to do justice to her daughter by winning over Grimwood.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS OVER ME!" I push him off me!

"ISOLDE!" He yells raising his hand but stops before reaching my face...

"Nevermind! Don't make me lose my calm my Queen! Just! Come! With! Me!" He says gritting his teeth and pulls me along!

They both get out to be welcomed by a huge crowd of guards surrounding something in sheer confusion...

Their view is blocked by the manifold of people standing in their way..

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!" Arlington's voice roars!

"The King's here.. Universe.. He is here.. It's the King.." We start hearing whispers all around...

The soldiers slowly step aside making a way that will lead their Ruler to the centre of attention...

I wonder what are they all watching..

I shall find a way to escape Arlington's clutch and look for Grace as soon as possible!!

Universe give me a hint! Where can I find my Daughter?!

The Universe was indeed obedient.. It did not only give her Majesty a hint to her daughter.. but instead a way to both his Son and Daughter...

When they reach the centre, they are both left dumbfounded...

Coming up:

"This- This is not happening!"

"My.. children..." Isolde kneels to the corpses of her Son and Daughter in law.

Arlington furiously marches towards the grief-stricken Mother...

"I wonder.. I wonder where did I sin?! That the Universe is punishing me as such! But bear in mind... Arlington. You will pay for your sins!"