67

Daniel's P.O.V

"Allencourt! It is time!"

Both of them, signalling what was left of their troops, hurry towards the castle!

From a distant their eyes are arrested by the sight of multitude of enemies along with their torch on 1 hand and weapon on the other barging in the palace!

Daniel's about to speed up when out of nowhere a dagger flies off striking Thunder who neighs out loud with it's front legs raised in the air before falling on the snow.

Daniel falls on his back but immediately gets on to his feet only to find Leo, furious, heading in his direction.

"HOW DARE YOU ATTACK THUNDER?!"

"HOW DARE YOU KILL MY SISTER!!"

What- Valeria.. is dead?

"YOU WILL REGRET THIS MAGUIRE!!"

I take the knife out of Thunder's thigh and throw it on Quentin who loses control and slips from his horse!

I must take out my sword before he reaches me!

"WHY DID YOU KILL MY SISTER?!!"

"What are you talking about?! I did not kill Vale-"

"BUT YOUR COMMANDER DID!"

My commander...?

"THAT BASTARD! HE DESERVED HIS END!"

Who's he talking about.. Allencourt is alive. Oh wait- was it.. MATTHEW?

Grace's P.O.V

"Mother! Stay behind me!"

An enemy gets through the brave guests defending the rest. Aiming for Grace, he raises his sword preparing to attack the Lady!

"GRACE!!!"

Grace cuts open the stomach of the soldier. Blood splatters on her face. The enemy drops to the ground while Her Highness, still in tears, shouts in horror!

"I won't let anything happen to you Mother!"

Grace's determination makes her slash her enemies one after the other!

I must take Mother out of here!

"PLEASE HELP ME SAVE THE QUEEN! GIVE ME WAY!!"

"Push the soldiers to this side, everyone! We must let Her Majesty and the Lady get out safely!" The door guard yells.

Despite the darkness, the helpers manage to keep the enemies busy making way for Grace.

"Let's go Mother!"

"Wait! What about the maids and these women and children who are our guests!? We can't leave them here!"

Mother's right...

"All of you!" I yell in their direction!

"Hold hands! And Maisie, you hold Her Majesty's arm! On my mark, bend down and follow the person in front of you!"

"Ready?!"

There's space on the left side of the entrance!

"NOW!"

Everyone hurry out where fortunately the other enemy soldiers hadn't yet found the chamber! The few who had entered the room were busy fighting the courageous guests!

"We can get out of the palace from there!" Mother shouts pointing at a crevice.

"There's a tunnel that leads to the backyard!"