20

Daniel's P.O.V

I feel like a criminal in my own palace...
This is much scarier than I had thought.
I suddenly realise that I've unknowingly placed my hands on Grace's waist and on the back of her head in order to keep her safe...

Do I really care that much for her...?

Focus Daniel Focus! If you really care for this girl, you must make sure that she gets out of here safe and sound.

Great! The staircase finally seems cleared!

"Grace... let's go!"

As we descend I hear some footsteps coming up stairs.....

"Sir! What are you doing here?"

"Savoy! How are things going...? Uhh.. I was not able to fall asleep.. which is why... I'm taking some rounds of the castle...."

"Ahh. All the royal works are going great Sir! The way you have enveloped yourself in your cape, it seems like you are feeling very cold!"

"Yea... You're right.. Savoy! This Winter seems to be a bit harsher doesn't it...?"

"True Sir! The moons are colder than usual!"

"Anyway uhh.. go.. go proceed with your work.."

"As you say, Sir! Greetings!"

"Greetings!"

That was close! Once Savoy gets upstairs, I make sure that no one's coming this time.

"Grace, you're good?"

"Yes.. It's actually quite warm in here behind."

"Yeah you've warmed my back!"

"Huh?"

"I mean.. uhh... Thank Universe we found this corner!"

"Yes! Or else I would have easily got caught just like that in your cape!"

"Let's not waste any more time! We have to be quick!"

I hold her cold bare hands and we get down the remaining stairs.

"Come with me! This way!"

Grace's P.O.V

We were finally at the way out of the palace! Oh no! There are 2 guards coming this way!

"Soldiers!" A man yell and they immediately leave from the entrance.

We slyly manage to get out. But the more frightening part is now going to start. The sight of a line of silver armors being lit by the moonlight could easily scare the soul out of anyone!

"Follow me!" Prince Daniel takes me to an outside corner of the palace farther than the entrance and we bend down.

"Now all we have to do is to wait."

"Wait? For what?"

"The guards are going to switch their duties to others soldiers. The moment they get inside we shall run from here."

"But won't the coming soldiers notice us?"

"Hopefully not, according to the plan..."

I'm beginning to tremble even more! I think the Prince has noticed me shivering... which is why he's putting his cape over my shoulder.

"It was nice knowing you.."

Huh.. maybe he's saying this out of politeness.

"You too." I reply.

"SOLDIERS IN!" Both of us hear.

"We shall run the moment they are nearer to the entrance!"

"And in 3 2 1.. LET'S GO!"

The Prince pulls me by my left hand and we are now darting towards the broken opening of the circle of guards.

We are almost there! My legs have never moved this quick before in my entire existence! I just don't want to look back at any cost!

The Prince slows down a bit.

"Have we surpassed it?" I ask while panting.

"I guess." He takes a look at his left back and notices the armour of the last guard of the C shaped line in a pretty far distance.

"We have surpassed more than it! Let's go now before anyone notices us in the open!"

We are now heading towards the horse track I suppose. Since I have no idea about the directions, I keep holding the Prince's hand and walk along...

Coming up:

I untie Thunder from the apple tree, immediately mount on and pull the reins!

"You must be feeling very cold, don't you? I should not have put you in front..."

Is that the sound of a horse approaching that I hear...? But Thunder is right here...