45

Daniel's P.O.V

We finally make up our minds to continue the route. I let Grace walk ahead and then follow her to the tree, to the horses.

But what is she doing? Her action brings an unconscious smile on my face.

She's mounting on Thunder!

She chose Thunder this time.. She chose me!

I untie my faithful companion and eagerly get behind Grace. I no longer feel that emptiness I felt halfway through. She's right in front of me.. with me.

Matthew, alone, gets on his mare and we continue the journey through the harsh snow.

Being this close to Grace though feels so incredible, so soothing and peaceful. I just hope that one sun she'll actually feel the same for me.

Leo's P.O.V

The sun is almost down. Where has Maguire taken Grace for so long! My beauty must have been freezing out there all because of that insolent!

Oh I see... someone's finally decided to show up.

"I thought you wouldn't come." I ask her.

"Well.. I only here for revenge!" She replies to me.

"And how to you intend to take your revenge, Valeria! No one knows about what had been going on between you and Maguire. But as you know, nothing-"

"escapes your vision, yeah yeah heard that already. But don't you dare open your mouth to Father about this! I've something planned in my mind." My cunning sister tells me.

"Oh yeah? Would you elaborate?"

"I shall get my obstacle out of my way! That stupid is supposed to be a mistress! She's a goner!!"

"Woah hold yourself! You aren't going to touch her! Because... she will be mine, soon." I acknowledge Valeria.

"Are you serious!! What is wrong with your choice! That dumb villager!"

"My choice? Have you seen yours?? Like, Maguire? Seriously?!"

"Okay look, I'm interested with Danny and you with that girl. So it'd be better to join hands and help each other get what we want here." Valeria isn't wrong here.

"Fine Val, but how?"

"Listen to me."

Queen Isolde's P.O.V

Where are they!? It's been so long! I hope everything is alright! Has Daniel forgotten about today's feast?! Universe! How would he even know about this! No one told him!

He's even sent the guards back to the castle! Who will protect them now!

I throw a look through the main entrance.

Finally! I perceive Daniel's horse! Is that another horse? They are not alone.

"Allencourt! Go inspect the guest my son is bringing to the palace for me."

"Sure, Your Highness!"

Grace's P.O.V

We are almost near the circle of soldiers. Is that Allencourt coming towards us? Poor him. He must have been worried for his friend.

"Halt Prince! I have the order of inspecting your guest!"

Oh no, I hope they do not mistake Matthew for some traitor!

"Universe, Sir Allencourt! Greetings!" Matthew shouts.

"Soldier Brock! It's been so long! How's Dragonshore?"

They know each other? Oh wait, Daniel had told me the night I escaped! Allencourt was trained in Dragonshore!

"Well, the town's doing great since it's got a wonderful commander general like me!" Matt answers.

"Wow! That's marvellous! You do deserve this position, Brock!"

Daniel's P.O.V

It seems to me that everyone knows Matthew! Where had I heard his name though?

"Come along! We shall show you the hospitality of our Kingdom!" Allencourt exclaims.

"No, I was just accompanying my friends back home."

"Oh come on Matt! You yourself said that you were about to take a break. Get someone to bring your clothing here itself for some days. Then, you can go home after some suns!" Grace really wants him to stay...

"Alright, if that's what you want." Matthew replies her.

Great! I wonder what worse can happen now!

We head to the entrance where Mother is impatiently waiting for us. Allencourt presents Matthew to Her Highness.

"Attention! His Majesty, King Augustus Maguire is arriving!"

"Evening Son. I see you have brought a friend with you." His majesty says...

"Let me present to you Matthew Brock, the commander general of Dragonshore."

Matthew bows to his majesty, "Pleased to meet you, your Highness."

"Pleasure's all mine commander! By the way Daniel, look who's here to congratulate you!"

"To congratulate me?" I question.

"Yes, your childhood friend!"

I watch who comes in a bolt out of the blue! My eyes widen in disbelief! It can't be!! Universe! Why is she here?!

"Hi Danny!!!" Valeria jumps in my arms! What a facade!

"You didn't inform me that you had found yourself someone!"

As if you didn't know!

"He surely is a sly guy Val! He hadn't even informed me before the union!" Leo Quentin, as cunning as ever!

"Oh hi Valeria.. Meet my lovely, gorgeous Lady-"

"Oh you must be tired! Come I've got a lot to talk about! Let's go inside!" How dare she interrupt and pull me! I wish I could yell at her! But I cannot even create a scene here!

Grace's P.O.V

It seems like the Prince has met a very good friend of his..

"Grace." Her Highness, the Queen calls me.

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Where had Daniel and you been! You left me so worried!"

"I understand your anxiety Your Highness. The prince had some plans. I suppose he wanted some time alone so we were about to have lunch at an inn. But..."

I narrate Queen Mother everything that happened.. at the end she hugs me like her own daughter, "I'd told him to take care of you! I must thank your valiant friend for protecting my precious!"

"There's no need to do so your Highness. All I did was my duty." Matt assures the Queen.

"But I insist! You should be our guest for at least 5 Suns. The palace will entertain many feasts during these Moons. I would appreciate your presence in our joy."

"Sure, Your Highness." Matt smiles at us.

Coming up:

Universe! What shall I wear for the feast this moon! My letter will take time to reach Dragonshore. I don't think I will get my clothing on time for the ball.

"Prince Daniel Maguire has sent this for you."

What?! How can I wear this! This is a Royal outfit! Prince Maguire is surely a generous person.

"The only way we can achieve what we want is by abducting Grace!"

I must admit Val. You are a genius.