3

Grace's P.O.V

Even though Lucia told me about a load of things, the part about Livia and her family kept roaming in my head like a flies flying around cows. That's why I hadn't seen Livia for so long. But how come no one is aware about them being expelled.

"GRACE! Why are you taking so longg?? Come quick! Your Father brought a hare. Go inside and prepare it for today's meal! I don't want a single piece of fur remaining on the skin!"

"Sure Mother, I shall get started as soon as I finish hanging the wearings (clothes) on the branches."

After so long we're going to get something heavy to eat. Lady luck must have been in our favour. Should I tell Mother about Livia's family...? What must be going on with Sister Luciana right now...

Daniel's P.O.V

The sun will almost be at its highest any time now. I shall hurry. Wait, what is going on? Don't tell me Father is getting another mistress... I mean what else can I expect from Him.

"Come son, you are right on time for the meal." Mother's voice echoes through the eating chamber.

"Mother... Are you happy...?" I dare to ask.

"Happy...? What do you mean by that Prince Daniel?" She asks with utter or maybe a fake confusion.

"How can we accept such an unfair royal tradition... Like what is the point of having a Queen when all a King wants is to interlock with mistresses! A Queen isn't just a Heir giver!" I end up yelling.

"DANIEL MAGUIRE! YOU SHALL NOT QUESTION THE ROYAL CULTURES THAT OUR ANCESTORS HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING! THE KING HAS ALL RIGHTS OF KEEPING NO MATTER HOW MANY MISTRESSES HE WANTS! THIS IS HOW IT GOES ON!"

"Then I don't need such Royalty!" I immediately answer back and leave the chamber...

Anger and grief were both reigning in my surroundings... I wonder what must be going on through that forced mistress right now. She must be hoping that the next moon never comes up at this moment. I wish I could leave this Kingdom, but I cannot compromise with Valeria's life. I must make sure that she receives all the treasures that exist, I must make sure that she doesn't suffer the same fate as Mother...

Coming up:

"Delilah! We're doomed!!! Delilahh!"

"The crops! The crops... It's over... over."

"What will we do now... the King will collect grains after some moons. What will we offer himm??"