14

Grace's P.O.V

I feel so weird... What is this wearing? I have kind of being dressed as a man.. this fabric on both of my legs is a bit irritating... and my hairs have been put up with a stick! But the boots are somehow lovely.

Oh I cannot walk properly!

"Hey, I see you are ready!" Prince Daniel catches me off guard.

"But you haven't informed me about anything.. what am I supposed to do...." I whisper to the refined man.

"Don't worry.. just go along what I do.."

What.. I hope I do not mess up!

OH UNIVERSE! As I walk alongside the Prince I now notice the amount of soldiers and guards almost everywhere! How does he intend of getting me out of here!

Now that we are finally outside, I feel so relieved. The relaxing breeze caressing my face has never been so soothing.

Wow... It's so captivating.. Right in front of me is standing a gallant pale but somewhat golden Royal horse. It's lustrous fur is moving along the wind. I'm staring with pure amazement.

Prince Daniel bends towards me from the side and proudly says, "Isn't it beautiful?"

I look at him with my eyes wide opened while he smirks a bit only to add, "I have personally trained this beauty."

He certainly has a pride when it comes to his horse, but why would one not! It was for sure something to boast about.

"Grace, meet Thunder!"

Thunder, a gratifying name for a horse!

"Come!"

Who me? I feel extremely inferior in front of such splendour.

I slowly approach Thunder and his owner. The latter extends his hand on which I hesitantly place mine.

"Carefully place your left foot on this saddle and overlap Thunder's back with your right foot to mount on it." Prince Daniel tells me while showing the parts he indicates.

His right hand is firmly holding my left hand while I manage to get on the horse.
He then easily climbs on, slides his cobalt blue sleeved arms by the sides of my waist and gets a strong grip of the reins.

"Are we going to escape...?"

"No.. I'm actually trying to train you."

Train me?

He slightly pulls the rein and Thunder starts ambling.

"Hwo" comes out of my mouth because of the sudden movement. I hold Thunder tightly out of the fear of falling down.

I look to my far left where Maisie is standing with her hands behind her back and keeping an eye on us... me more specifically...

"Uhhh look to your right." Prince Daniel suddenly tells me.

My jaw drops.

"Surprise!"

You mean shock, don't you!

The sight of a literal wall of soldiers surrounding the palace at a distance captures my eyes. How come I didn't notice this when I was brought here?? I shall forget the idea of escaping I guess.

"Don't worry, this why I'm making you ride Thunder right now."

Huh
"What do you mean?"

"In order to be quick, we'll have to use Thunder to get out of here."

"But won't the guards hear his gallops?"

"They would certainly, which is why we will have to evade from the palace on feet and then get on Thunder from another place before our absence goes noticed"

"That's fine. But what's not fine is how shall we surpass this fence of guards?!"

"Leave that on me and for the moment concentrate on riding the horse."

The Prince is giving instructions about how to hold the horse and all of a sudden he pulls the reins harder so that Thunder starts to gallop faster.

"What if I fall??" I shout because of the gust hitting my face!

"This is why I'm seated behind youuu! Don't be scared! I'm holding you!"

We are quite far from both Maisie and the soldiers and Thunder's galloping sounds would not allow anyone to hear our conversation.

It's amazing how we are discussing a plan of escaping out openly like that!

A realisation strikes me like lightning on the spur of the moment.

I am riding a Royal Horse in the Royal Yard along with a future King! What an extraordinary experience!

Coming up:

"Grimwood is really fortunate to have a future King like you, you know."

"Grimwood needs you."

"I promise you, I shall become the King that this place deserve!"