21

Daniel's P.O.V

"There's light coming from that way!" Grace slightly panics.

"Don't worry, I myself placed a lantern on a tree near the track."

We are now surely close to our destination. Just some more steps!

"There's my boy!" I say upon seeing Thunder's fur shining under the moonlight.

"He's looking astounding!" Grace is amazed upon seeing such a beauty.

"It seems like you have fallen for Thunder!"

"Who wouldn't!" She replies and her words bring a smile to my face.

"Now let's go quick! The farthest we would be from the castle the safest we will be!"

She gracefully climbs on Thunder despite the lack of experience and the moon while darkness. She's impressive!

I untie Thunder from the apple tree, immediately mount on and pull the reins!

Grace's P.O.V

Thunder's prodigious gallops make me feel like I'm flying! This time he's faster than ever, because this time he is running beyond limits!

I feel so overwhelmed right now. I am free! I am probably going to meet my parents soon. Mother, Father, I'm coming!

"We shall stop at the Eastern river." The Prince tells me.

"Eastern river?"

"Hm. From there, someone else is going to help you."

"Ahh."

As we pass through the lanes of Grimwood, I start reminiscing the good days when I used to play around with my friends!

Some of the shops aren't closed yet! I'm washed over by a wave of sadness upon seeing all these places which I will probably never see again.

These familiar huts illuminated by lamps and lanterns, I let a drop of water... tear.. a drop of tear I guess roll down my cheek.

"I've slowed Thunder down so that he does not end up awaking people." Prince Daniel whispers to my ear.

It now dawns upon me that my face is completely cold to the point that I can't feel my nose. I lift my hands, blow warm air on them and rub them against each other in order to heat them a bit.

"You must be feeling very cold, don't you? I should not have put you in front..."

"No, it's alright. This moment, You have warmed my back!" I try to cheer the both of us.

After a long ride, we lastly approach the river. I suppose it is partly frozen since I can't hear the usual loud sound of the current.

We both get down. The Prince sits down on a rock and signals me to accompany him down there. His humility never fails to surprise me.

I sit right beside him.

"This has been a fun adventure!"

"Adventure?"

"I mean I'd never done this before. And thank you, for letting me experience this."

I'm rather frightened at this moment. I have no idea where to go, how to keep escaping from guards and soldiers later on and this man is having fun?

But why would he be scared duh. He is the Prince! But still, he has done a lot for me...

"I deem the situation appropriate to give You a last effusive thanks for all that you have done for me." I say wholeheartedly.

"May the Universe always keep you happy Prince Daniel."

"I'd said it before and I shall repeat it, it was my duty to ensure the safety of my friend. There is therefore no need to thank me for that." He smiles at me.

Is that the sound of a horse approaching that I hear...? But Thunder is right here...

Someone's coming! The horse steps is getting louder and louder...

Is that a... Royal horse?! It looked like the ones that accompanied the King to collect grains. The closer it's getting, the better we see it.

The wearing of the person seated above is shining...? IT'S A SOLDIER!

The Prince stood up.

"Allencourt!"

Coming up:

"What is going on...?" Perplexed, Grace asks me.

I see Grace letting out a gasp.

Unable to hold myself.. I embrace her.