8

Grace's P.O.V

"I'm Maisie, I shall be teaching and preparing you for 30 Suns so that you never disappoint His Highness later."

Disappoint...?

"What will I have to do not to let such a situation arise?"

"Well, just please Him... Don't you worry. His Highness has a lot of mistresses. You'll have to please him on the union moon and then maybe once in some 20 moons."

But doesn't a mistress have to please the King everymoon... ohh but he does not have only one mistress...

"May I ask.. how will I be prepared in these 30 suns?"

"It will just be a long while of purification and some suns His Highness himself will assist the preparation to ensure that his future mistress lacks nothing."

I see...

"But bear in mind! You shall not allow yourself to have a kid with His Highness or otherwise you will be executed..."

What! I know nothing about how interlocking works... I don't even know what am I supposed to do exactly... now how shall I prevent myself from having a child... I guess my end is actually near....

"But don't worry, for the last 5 periods none of the mistresses have been able to conceive with the King. It is rumoured that his Highness has probably developed some kind of deficiency.. But NEVER say anything related to this in front of him! This will undoubtedly infuriate him...."

I so wish I could end before any of these starts... I don't want any of this! But what else can I do...

Daniel's P.O.V

"What kind of present, Your Majesty?"

"My Son! Since you are now a grown up man, I've made my decision of gifting you your very first mistress!"

WHAT--
Did He really say what I heard?!

"Mis.. tress..?"

"Yes my Son! In this way you can even perfect yourself before having your real Lady!"

"But Father! I don't want to have a mistress!!"

"OH... So you want your Lady before your mistress..?"

"NOO! I don't even want a mistress! NEVER!"
I so want to add the fact that this tradition has only brought sorrow for periods and periods!

"DANIEL! Don't forget! You have the Royal blood and you shall follow the Royal Norms! You cannot disrespect your ancestors as such!"

I don't wish to disrespect my ancestors! But neither do I want to disrespect my only going to be Lady! My princess Valeria!

"Never mind! I shall keep the girl for the moment. But once you have your Lady you'd better get your mistresses!"

How can I explain Father! I do not need any mistress!!

But wait... Father will now get another one... Why does He like to ruin his Queen's happiness by his own hands!?
Isn't the girl He's talking about the new girl who sacrificed herself for her innocent parents...?

"Your Majesty! Can't I keep the female without a union...?"

In this way I might help her escape.

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! You want to interlock without union?? Why do you insist on enraging our ancestors' souls!"

How can I tell him that I do NOT intend to interlock with her!!!

"Let it be Son! I'll keep her for myself!"
Father says while about to depart...

What do I do?? Ohh the girl will be here for 30 suns rightt for purification I could help her escape during this while! In this way Mother as well will be glad while the poor girl will be saved!!

"Your Majesty! Wait. I've changed my mind... I do not intend to upset our ancestors. Which is why.. I accept to be united with the female!"

In this way I can meet up with her during these suns of her preparation and thus devise a plan to help her!!

"Good decision Son! I knew you would never disappoint your Father! The girl would be in the purification chamber for 5 suns. You may go and ensure that she is prepared the way you would want her to be!"

"Sure Father... I shall do so after this moon... Greetings."

Coming up:

Ah here comes the chamber. Oh It's filled with maids... As I try to comprehend what's exactly going on.. the maids move away and I see her.

I did not realise how I ended up staring at her nymph like ear dripping water on her shoulder blade...

Author's edit:
Finally chapter 9 gonna be here soon! It's not that extraordinary of a chapter but it surely is among my favourite!!