18

Princess Valeria's P.O.V

I can't believe it! Danny is taking the side of a mere villager girl!

"I think she wants to take advantage of Daniel!" Kathlyn tells me.

"I know! But what should I do??"

"What if Daniel falls for her and makes her his Lady?"

Kathlyn is right.. The first union is never with a mistress!

"It seems like she's trapping Danny for power and for Danny's charm! She surely is after Danny!!"

"Then there is only one thing you can do Valeria..."

"Uhuh..?" I look at my friend.

"Get her out of your way!"

Daniel's P.O.V

Father only likes to ruin lives! I wonder how many people has he invited to my 'union'.

But, what is wrong with ME? How come I forgot to meet Valeria! I was so involved and concentrated in helping Grace that I even ignored my love... How is this possible!

Do I care for Grace more than Valeria..?

No... It's been only a few suns since I've met her... I've loved Valeria for periods!

But even Valeria doesn't make me feel the way Grace does... Why is this so complicated!!

Daniel! Forget about this and focus on aiding Grace!

I need to meet my helper to know about any update!

Grace's P.O.V

It's so coldddd! On top of this climate this cold milk is making me shiver! The water is even beginning to freeze a bit!

"Don't worry Grace, we shall make today's session a bit quicker." Maisie tells me.

This is so weird... I'm a hostage here! Why am I being treated so kindly. I think the King doesn't have any knowledge of the generosity of the maids... that explains why they get so firm and stern in the Prince's presence!

He's going to live a hundred years!

"I would like to have Grace prepared for another horse ride."

"Sure Sir!"

"And make sure she's well protected for the icy wind!"

"Yes Sir!" Maisie replies and gives me a surprised look after Prince Daniel's departure.

"The Prince seems quite concerned for you."

This shows his pure kindness!

For this ride I was able to mount Thunder much easily. But I'm indeed grateful for the wolf coat I am wearing since it is absolutely freezing outside! Especially when Thunder races against the chilly wind!

"We will have to escape soon!" The Prince suddenly tells me.

"What happened?"

"It will snow in some suns... This will make it a bit hard for Thunder to gallop."

Oh Universe! I don't know if I'm ready! What if I mess up?

"We shall execute the plan by the second moon."

What! So soon?!

"But what is the plan exactly?" I ask.

"Just don't worry about the guards. I have got some help in handling them!"

I wonder who would help The Prince in making ME escape..?

"Once we exceed the fence of soldiers in the darkness of the black sky, we shall head towards the horse track and escape from Grimwood with Thunder's help."

I already knew that much.. All I was scared of were the soldiers. But I know for a matter of fact that I can fully trust Prince Daniel here.

"You'd better have some rest for this moon. We shall then meet on the second one." He says to my left ear.

I hope everything goes as I wish. Universe, please help us on that moon.

Coming up:

"I completely rely on you to distract the other soldiers. You're sure you will be able to do it?"

I'm now just waiting for The Prince's arrival.

It is really time. Time to get freed.