25

FLASHBACK

Daniel's P.O.V

Universe! I hope I will be able to find them! Else if the soldiers see them they'll kill them!

"THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE STILL HERE!" I yell before getting down.

I unknowingly hug Grace out of pure concern.

"What happened Prince Daniel? How come you're back?" She's utterly confused.

"Is everything fine Sir?"

"We have a big issue! Grace, I think your maid saw us escaping and she alerted the soldiers!"

"What! His Highness knows you helped me escape now...."

"Actually, she didn't see my face! And everyone thinks that it's Allencourt who's helped you flee since he's missing!"

"In this case, His Majesty must have already announced our execution.." Allencourt, being very aware of the Royal rules, replies.

"Uhuh." I nod.

"So we must get out of Grimwood faster than possible!" Grace innocently says.

"Wait Miss Andris... His Highness has quite far contacts! The nearby Kingdoms would undoubtedly be asked for help to find us."

"He's right.."

And we thought we had succeeded. We have instead risked Grace's life even more! This has taken such a horrible turn!

"Wait!" Grace interrupts us.

"What if.. I never fled!"

"What!" The both of us give her a perplexed look.

"I shall get back to the castle and convince all that I never left! And since everyone is doubting Sir Allencourt, we shall not be seen together!"

"But how will we get through the soldiers this time? Allencourt can't help us since he's here!" I reply.

"Sir! There is a way! If we consider the soldier protocols, those sent to capture us would be the ones on the right of the palace which means the security would not be as tight as usual at the right side entrance!" Allencourt sheds light on us.

"I can therefore take Grace in through that door! But Grace... are you alright with this..? I mean you are almost free.. and now getting back to the palace.."

"I'm fine.. we shall come up with another plan during the remaining suns before the union. For the moment being, I would not want to risk any of your lives." Her hopeful green eyes convince me.

"The two of you would better get back as soon as possible! Sir, you must make sure that you do not get caught as the guards must be roaming all around!" Allencourt warns me.

"Don't worry, most of the soldiers would be in the West or mid-area of Grimwood as I misled them a while ago. I shall hence take the far East route to the castle to go unnoticed. You just make up a solid excuse to give for your absence from the castle."

"Grace, come with me." And we immediately depart on Thunder.

This time, I make Thunder gallop faster than lightning since the sooner Grace is in the palace the higher Allencourt's chance of survival.

"Grace sit closer to me so that if ever someone sees us we seem like one person!"

Grace's P.O.V

As we are heading back to the palace, there is certainly the grief of not having succeeded but I know what I'm doing is right.

As we get to the horse track, the Prince ties his faithful companion to the same tree it was tied before and we once again go stealthily. However this time, towards the Royal Home.

Sir Allencourt was right! The soldier wall is somewhat broken! But as we spy from a distance we notice that some guards are taking rounds from moment to moment.

"Let's go! Now!" And we sprint through the open fence of soldiers while the way seemed clear.

"Prince Daniel, now that we are in, you'd better leave!"

"What? But what if you are caught?"

"I'll simply say that I lost my way."

"If you say so but please take care!"

I nod.

My knees are shaking! It's a lot scarier without the Prince!

Despite not knowing the way, I manage to reach much deeper inside the building.

Is that a stack of quilts? I've got an idea! I take the thinnest of the quilts, muster courage and make use of my brilliant mind.

"Excuse me!" I tell a soldier guarding one of the hallway.

"I think I've lost my way! Could you please tell me where I could find Maisie the maid?"

He seems astounded...

"Miss Andris right? I mean why aren't you in your room!?"

"Oh actually, my quilt is very thin! Which is why I was looking for my maid to ask for a thicker one to protect myself against this unbearable stinging cold! But I simply couldn't find her!"

"Oh Universe! Miss come with me! Now!"

I'm been taken to the courtroom where the King, looking very tensed, is seated on his Throne.

The guard rushes to tell Him something.

"WHAT! The maid made a mistake!? Savoy! Go find the other soldiers and cancel my order! FAST!"

"You! Come here! I need to talk to you!"

Coming up:

"Guards! Bring her maid!" Father shouts in anger.

It seems like some guards are heading this way..

"Allencourt! Where have you been your absence has created such mayhem!"

"...., let bygones be bygones. But I have a strong suspicion on this maiden!"