10

Grace's P.O.V

The images of the previous sun where Mother was trying to save me while Father was pleading to the King has been flickering like the flame of a candle in my visible thoughts...

"I would like to have some privacy with my would be.. consort." I faintly hear.

The person I will have to serve for the rest of my existence is right beside me... I suppose my sufferings are going to start soon.. I hope my parents are not having such a harsh life... But where would they go? How would they live outside Grimwood?

I'm so tangled in my thoughts that I don't pay attention to what the Prince says until I hear... 'help you escape'.

Wait... I lift my eyelids. Did He just say help me... escape...?

I turned my head to see a well groomed, charming man. His ocean blue eyes are fixed on mine while his coal black somewhat long hairs which are parted from the middle is contrasting with his pale skin.

All the men I'd seen before had never looked so refined and tidy.. His tunic is beautifully decorated with embroidery and gold lacing. The red cloak and dark brown boots over the black trousers distinguish him even more. I had only heard of such descriptions of the Prince.

"You will help me escape? But why will YOU do so...?"
He is himself part of the Royal family.. why would he go against his Father?

"Because... I've got plenty of reasons to."

Oh...

He walks, way too elegantly for a man, towards me pulling one of the wooden chairs on which the maids were sitting and slowly settles down while I swivel to face him. He seems quite humble for the Son of a King...

I hold the fabric I'm draped in tightly since it felt like it was going to slip. He slightly stoops down so that he matches my height.

"Look, I know what happened to you... Just be honest with me. Was your Father really cursed?"

My eyes get a bit watery.

"Yes. We don't know how but our lands suddenly got flooded and we lost everything! We even begged to people for around 9 suns! Even exchanged our cows for grains but they were not enough... And here I am... a prisoner..."

"I apologise on behalf of His Highness."

I gasp at his words... A Prince, a would be King is apologising to a mere girl like me. He seems a bit trustworthy..

"But I do not yet understand why are you willing to... free me...?"

"Well, firstly, I'm not in favour of anyone having a mistress... This has only caused pain to the women of our family. And I don't want my love to live such a sorrowful life. I've promised to unite with only one girl in my entire existence."

That's a lot... He is surprisingly different from the King.

"But why am I being.. gifted to you?"

"It's because according to His Majesty.. I'm a grown up man and He thinks that I will require a mistress.. which is why he is gifting you to me as a mistress on the occasion of my Natal Sun and Moon."

"Natal Sun and Moon? What is that?"

"You don't know...? It is uhmm the same Sun and Moon under which I came into existence."

"Ohh like after 1 period.. all I know is that I have existed for around 17 periods.. at least that's what my Mother had told me some moons ago."

"Yes it is quite similar but here we have a Priest assigned the task of recording details about our existence. He thus keeps us informed." He says.

"I was refusing Father's offer... but then I realised that I would have to meet you in order to help you. Which is why I am acting as if I will unite with you. But rest assured, I shall help you escape before 30 suns, that is before our union." He talks in a very low tone..

"And I know that you are innocent. I cannot bear injustice to innocent people." He finally adds still maintaining eye contact with me...

Coming up:

I think someone's coming...

"Grace, you shall now receive some advice from this woman."

She seems familiar...

Guys I'm soo sorry for any kinda mistake. I lack a lot of experience in writing such stories but I'll try my best to make it interesting... especially content wise..