Mary Saotome

MARY'S POV:

I grumbled as I continued to constantly shift in the sheets of the bed, not being able to fall back asleep. I stretched my arm out beside me, feeling if anything was there, which there wasn't.

I sighed and sat up, rubbing my eyes to try and clear my vision. This had been going on for a while, now; waking up to an empty bed in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep. (F/N) was usually in the kitchen when this happens.

Feeling grumpy, I got out of the bed and went down the hallway, headed towards the kitchen. As I expected, (F/N) was sitting at the dining room table, clicking away at their laptop.

They looked tired, with bags under their eyes.

"(F/N)."

They jumped, but when they looked up and saw me, they showed a small smile.

"Hey, Baby, I'm almost finished, I just need to get these few files out and then I can come back to bed, okay?"

I couldn't help but blush at their tone. It was soft and comforting. I sighed again, crossing my arms.

"You've said that before, and then you end up falling asleep here, you need to sleep in your bed, where it's comfortable," I explained, watching as they sighed and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I-I know I've done this the past couple times, but this is the last time, I promise!" (F/N) said, taking my hand in theirs, rubbing their thumb across the top of it.

"Can't you just finish this tomorrow?"

"I mean, I can, but I wanna get it finished tonight so I won't have to tomorrow!" They whined. I rolled my eyes as I took my hand out of theirs, making them frown.

"Come back to bed when you're ready, I guess.."

With that, I turned around and walked back to our bedroom, closing the door. I crawled back into our bed, curling up into a ball under the covers.

(F/N)'s POV:

I watched as Mary walked away, making me frown. I looked back down at my laptop, looking at the halfway finished file.

Screw it.

I quickly saved everything and closed it, putting it on the charger before returning to our bedroom. Once I made it to the door, I quietly opened it, smiling at the site:

Mary was curled up in the middle of the bed, with her hair spread out on the pillows. I chuckled and crawled in beside her, hugging her from behind.

I could finish my work in the morning.

Requested by @Winniethefluffypooh
Hope you liked it!

I didn't really like how this chapter turned out, but I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.