Ep 55

PoV: Sonic

  Is it weird that I just agreed to dating Shadow again? Blaze doesn't seem to like the idea too much. No... I shouldn't doubt anything yet. Shadow's agreed to become a better person, I should give him that chance so we can both be happy.

"And..." I took a deep breath while I was alone in the bathroom, "No more doubt... Okay!"

  I walked out of the girls bathroom where Blaze and Shadow were waiting.

"What were you doing in there?" Blaze asked, "You took a while."

"I was cleaning myself up a bit," I answered, I think I fixed my quills enough anyway.

"Come on. We don't want to miss the bus back home," Shadow grabbed my hand. I saw a faint tint of pink on his cheeks. Is he blushing? I guess we haven't held hands much. I squeezed his hand and smiled at him. His cheeks went bright pink for a second before he calmed down. This is a new side to him, "Ahem. Let's go."

"Right," I walked with them and stopped, "Wait, I just remembered something. Go on without me."

"Sonic? Sonic!" Blaze shouted as I ran off.

  I can't believe I almost forgot about Scourge. What a lousy friend I am. I just hope he's at his bus stop.

  I ran to the busses on the other side of the lot. Scourge was just about to get onto his bus. Jet and Storm were with him. Whatever.

"Scourge!" I kept running and grabbed him.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" He covered me. I adjusted the sun hat I was wearing.

"Let me see your phone," I took it from him and put in the new number I had on the communicator, "There."

"Scourge... Can you explain why exactly you have a cute girl using your phone?" Jet was mad, he was always jealous anytime a girl talked to any of us while we were friends.

"I-I really can't explain..." He froze.

"Here," I handed Scourge back his phone, "Now you can text me so we can stay friends. Keep it between us okay?" I handed him back his leather jacket, "Oh! And this," I pulled a small phone charm I had bought at a souvenir shop with Blaze earlier today. This one was a small glass marble with a flame charm embedded inside, "Visit me sometime. Bye!"

"Wait-!" He tried to grab me as I ran back to my bus.

"I can't, I've got to go! Text me!" I ran back to our bus. I found Shadow and Blaze sitting near the back in one of the three person seats.

"What did you forget?" Blaze asked as I sat between them.

"I almost forgot to give Scourge the charm I got him. Speaking of which," I took out two more, "This one is for you Blaze."

  I handed her another marble charm. This one had violet butterfly in the center.

"It's so pretty, thank you," Blaze quickly attached the charm to her phone.

"Your welcome. And this one is yours Shadow. I've got one for Tails too, look, this one has a little fox in it, isn't it perfect for him?" I showed of the little charm I for Tails.

"Its cute," Blaze replied as I put it away.

  Shadow was quietly staring into his charm. At the center of his was a small green sprout.

"Why the sprout?" He asked.

"Because," I attached it to his phone for him, "You're still growing."

"... growing?" He kept looking into it as I held his hand.

"What did you get Scourge?" Blaze asked.

"A flame charm. Since hes always fired up to pick fights I thought I'd be perfect for him," I hadn't bought myself any souvenirs since I had no place to really put them. I had gotten something for everyone else at least.

  We spent the entire bus ride talking until we arrive back at school. Soon after, everyone went home for a relaxing weekend.

---

"Sonic," Shadow stopped me as I was about to head home.

"Yeah?" I turned to him.

"Did you leave your bike here?" He asked.

"No, I was going to walk home. Why?" I adjust my bag on my shoulder.

"... Let... Let me take you home. I have my car near by," he was gripping his keys in his hand. He's trying to be nice.

"Sure," I smiled and let him take me home. I didn't want to discourage him when he's trying so hard.

"...you're a man whore..." Blaze called him that earlier. Does that mean he hasn't had a stable relationship with someone yet? If that's the case... I should be as nice a girlfriend I can possibly be.

"What is it?" Shadow turned to me as I was gazing at him in the car.

"Thank you for taking me home," I leaned on his shoulder, "You're so nice~"

"M...mm..." he nodded, "Wait... isn't this your job?" He stopped in front of the bakery.

"Yeah, I live above it in the apartments," I explained.

"Really?" He watched me get out of the car and soon got out himself.

"Shadow? Don't you need to go home and unpack?" I reached for my second bag and he took it befor me.

"I live alone. I can go home when I please. Let me carry this..." ah... he wants to see my apartment. It's not very impressive though...

"I don't have much, but if you want to come in and have something to eat... I might be able to make something for you. But it might just be a cup noodle," I laughed off the last part.

"Mm. Sounds good," he nodded and followed me up to my apartment on the third floor.

  I stuck my key in the lock and stopped. Relax, it'll be fine. Well have some soup and then he can go home.

"Is this it?" Shadow asked as he caught up.

"Yep. Welcome in."

~~~

  Sorry the update took so long. I'm a working adult so I have to split my time.

  It's so weird looking back at my old stories where I'd write "I'm taking my finals! Wish me luck!"

  I miss being a minor sometimes. But I'm getting my life together now! Please be patient for the next update guys, I'll get it out too ya eventually.

I love this book too much to abandon it.

Bye bye~ 😚😚😚