Ep 7

PoV: Sonic

"No way!" I covered my mouth and sat down the moment realized I had shouted out loud.

I saw what Vanilla had packed me. She had made me everything by hand... I wanted to cry and I bit into the amazingly fluffy rolled omelette and found the center had sweet rice stuffed inside.

"Are you okay?" Miles asked as I wiped my eyes. I nodded yes, I could take the kindness Vanilla was showing me, "Okay? Do you always cry when you eat?"

I swallowed before talking, "No its just... My new landlord it so nice to me. I can't believe how nice she is..."

"I see. Did you just move here?" He asked.

"Two days ago actually," I answered, "I'm still learning my way around town."

"Usually people move away from here and to this place," he said, sipping on his chocolate milk.

"Why is that?" I shifted to sit with my legs crossed for comfort.

"Sonic!" He covered his eyes, "What are you doing!?"

"Sitting? Eating? What are you talking about?" I was completely lost.

"Sonic, you can't sit like that in public. Everyone can see up your skirt," he wishpered.

"Huh?" I looked down, I had completely forgot that I was in a skirt, "Shoot!" I changed positions to sit on my knees instead, "Th-thanks for telling me."

Damn it Sonic. You need to remember this. You're not in shorts, you have to be careful.

"I-is it covered yet?" He asked.

"Yeah," I dusted off my skirt, "All better."

"You're a girl, how did you forget that you're not allowed sit like that?"

"I don't wear a lot of skirts at home so I'm not really used to them," I hope that lie works.

"I think you're the first girl who's ever said that," he laughed.

"Haha... y-you think so?" Crap.

"You're like one of the guys!" I felt devastated the moment he said that...

"...So I'm a guy..." why did I think I could fool anyone with a stupid skirt.

"No! Nonono! I didn't mean it like that! You're obviously a girl with how pretty you are and how kind you are. I just ment how your so free minded and calm. You actually talk to me, unlike the other girls who just say I'm a cute kid and should just go home."

"Thanks," I felt a bit better, but if I was going to be a girl I would need to act more like one, not just look like one.

"Hey," a group of girls walked up to us as we finished eating.

"Hi," I greeted them. Miles just looked away.

"You're the new girl everyone's spreading rumors about, I guess the ones about you being gorgeous was an overstatement," they laughed.

"Guessing by that comment you guys must be the popular girls," I stood up and dusted myself off."

"Obviously. I guess you aren't as stupid as we thought. But look, I'm gonna cut to the chase," the girl with violet feathers smiled. "You can either join us and have the best highschool experience in the world. Or be this kids babysitter. There's just one thing, if you join us you'll need to work on that fur. Why would you ever dye it that hideous color?"

"For the record, my fur is naturally blue and I've never dyed it any other color. Second of all, I don't really plan to going you if you're just going to be assholes to everyone else," I picked up the Tupperware I had my lunch in and put it back into my bag.

"Excuse you? We are not assholes. We the more beautiful people in this highschool," the leader of the trio said.

"In my eyes, you're not that pretty. It has nothing to do with how you look. Your first impression just now was all I needed to know that you're not people I want to spend my time with," I sat down and Miles looked terrified.

"You've lost your only chance to be popular," they walked away and I laid down.

I know I want to act like a girl, but I don't want to act like them.

"Sonic..." Miles smiled, "You're totally awesome!"

"Why? I didn't do anything special," I sat up.

"You stood up to Wave!" He was so excited, both his tails were wagging.

"Oh course, you have to stand up against people like that-" wait... No! That's what boys do! Damn it!

"I want to introduce you to someone," he pulled me up, "Its that okay?"

"Sure," I followed him to the library where he waved to a girl reading a book.

"Tails, nice to see you again. Want to check out the next book in the series?" She asked.

"Actually, I wanted you to meet someone," he brought her over to me, "Sally, this is Sonic. Sonic, this is my close friend Sally."

"So you're the girl everyone's been on about. It's nice to meet you," she held her hand out to me.

"N-nice to meet you Sally," I shook her hand.

"Wow, you really are pretty like the rumors say," she smiled.

"Eh... haha... thank you," I let her hand go and the bell rang before I got to say anymore.

  The next class I had on my schedule was gym. I felt a bit giddy and nervous. The girls shorts were a bit risky, but if I pulled it off I wouldn't have to worry.

  This is it. If no one can tell I'm a boy after this I'll have nothing to worry about.

  Let's do this.

~~~