Ep 58

PoV: Shadow

Hm... I woke up in the middle of the night. It was around four in the morning, Sonic wasn't laying besides me. His matress always lead to me waking up in the middle of the night, and Sonic was always asleep besides me. He'd be in the shower by the time I woke up again. This time he was gone. His bathroom light was on and I felt some relief when I realized he was there. I laid back down to sleep again. He walked out of the bathroom and I saw him dressed in the tracksuit... What is he doing? Don't tell me he's on the track team!?

Sonic glanced at me and left. He hadn't noticed I was awake.

"What the hell?" I got up and waited a while. Once I could see him on his bike from the window I decided to follow him.

It wasn't just him... there was a whole team of girls and he was their captain. Not one of the girls could keep up with him.

"He does this every morning..." it was freezing, I watched from my car before driving off. I had no reason to worry about him. I came back and their practice seemed to finally be finished. Several girls were leaving. However... Sonic was in tears and holding several of the other girls uniforms. The coach was currently talking to him, "Crap!"

I got out of my car, abandoning the breakfast I bought for him as a reward for practicing. I ran up and hugged him.

"Shadow!?" He didn't say another word and only hugged me.

"What's going on?" I asked the coach who looked mortified that I was here.

"Sonic you said you'd keep this a secret," Coach glared at him.

"I-I did... I-"

"I woke up and she was missing from her house," I quickly answered, "I went looking for her and found her here. I have no idea what's going on, but I will remain quiet. You can trust me."

"Seeing as it no longer exists, This used to be the girls track team. However, many of the girls parents have found them sneaking out at four am to come to practice. As a result the team was disbanded. Sonic is not taking well," the coach sighed, "It wasn't like we could participate in races, it was primarily an extra gym class for them. The girls had been slowly leaving one by one, but this was the final straw for most parents."

So that's what happened. Everyone quit because they have families and responsibilities. Sonic is still homesick and he created the team. No wonder he's taking it hard.

"Hey, you'll be alright. You can go on morning runs on your own if you'd like. No one can stop you from running," I did my best to stop his crying, and I wound up letting him eat in the car.

"She loved this team..." the coach looked back at the track, "I loved her team and their progress. She could have lead them all to the nationals... Our boys can't even win more than twice in a tournament..."

I looked back at Sonic, I hadn't seen him like this since I last hurt him... I can't stand seeing him like this.

"If you want your team to reach the nation's, maybe your should broaden your players," I got back in the car. Sonic was still sniffling as he ate the pancake sausage sandwich I bought him, "It'll be okay."

"I know, I knew having a girls track team was dangerous but... I thought..." he started crying again and he hugged me.

Tap tap tap! The coach was knocking at my window. I rolled it down.

"Sonic..." he was panting, he had clearly run off somewhere, "Here..." he handed Sonic a paper, "Apply for the main team... ahem," he caught his breath, "Tryouts are friday after school. If you join the team you'll take over captain in no time. Take a real team to the nationals. All the girls are welcome. I'll set up fliers and get you a real womans uniform. I hope to see you there."

  Sonic wiped his eyes and had the biggest smile, "Yeah! I'll be there!"

  I rolled up the window and left. Sonic wouldn't stop smiling after that.

"Were you not sore this morning?" I asked, we had sex last night. I was still concerned about his back, last time he could hardly walk the next morning.

"I was, it was kind hard to get up until I used the medicine Vanilla gave me when I hurt my back. That cream is like a magic pain killer," he answered.

"I see, I'll be sure to buy more of it," Shadow answered.

"You don't have to, I still have some," he was too modest for his own good.

"Let's get you home so you can go back to sleep," I drove us back to his apartment so we could keep sleeping. I heard him wince as he tried to get out of the car, "What's wrong?"

"The cream must have worn off... Give me a sec- ah!" Sonic yelped as I picked him up out of the car, "Shadow... wait, I can still walk I swear-mm!" I kissed him to quiet him down.

"Stay quiet until I put you on bed," I shut the door and carried him to his apartment after he nodded. I laid him down in his bed and found the cream he used, "This one right?"

"Y-yeah..." he reached for it and I pulled it away.

"Do you want to rinse off the sweat first?" I asked, his face went completely red.

"D-do I really smell that bad?"

"I don't mind your scent, but what would your little fan club think?" I knew exactly how obsessed that club was with him now.

"I should go do a quick shower off," Sonic got up slowly and quickly washed his fur and dried off.

"Lay down," I opened the cream and began to rub it over his lower back. He started purring after a while and soon feel asleep again, "Get all the rest you want."

  I covered him with his blanket and laid back down. This matress was injuring my back at this point. I watched my phone as I waited to fall asleep. I froze when I saw a new post.

  Missing Mobian: 15 year old male. Sonic Hedgehog.

"Oh shit..." I quickly reported it as a false ad and it was removed. It only had about three views meaning no one had seen it. He doesn't need to know about this. I can't let something else stress him out.

"Mm... shadow... cupcakes..." Sonic mumbled in his sleep.

"I'll buy you one," I held him close.

  He's gone through enough.

~~~

11/2/21