Ep 34

PoV: Sonic

"Sonic sweetheart, I need you to take the cake out of the oven for me," Vanilla called me.

"Me?!" No way... I'll destroy it...

"Yes you, I don't know any other girls names Sonic. Just be careful not to burn yourself," she was so busy with customers, I had to help.

  Alright, I can do this. I pulled on oven mitts and opened the oven. I carefully pulled the circle pans with a beautiful golden brown cake inside. I set them down and closed the oven.

"I did it... I didn't destroy it!" I had successful done something like a normal girl would!

"What are you celebrating back there?" Vanilla laughed.

"N-Nothing..." I guess I dont really have the right to celebrate. I didn't make the cakes after all.

"Sonic, a kid spilled their drink. Could you clean it please?"

"Sure!" I ran out of the kitchen and grabbed the mop. My job my mostly deliveries on normal days. But we had no deliveries today, so Vanilla had me on cleaning duty. I should probrably ask her after work... This is emberassing... I don't even think she knows I can't cook yet. Oh well... I have to learn from someone.

---

"Today was busy," Vanilla switched the open sign to say closed as I put away the cleaning tools.

"It was," I removed my apron, "Um... Vanilla..."

"Yes?" She turned to me with a smile.

"D-Do you think you could show me how to cook?" Please...

"Of course, I'd be happy to," She took the apron from me, "Everyone needs to learn. Let's go get started."

"R-right," I followed her up to her apartment. I had never actually seen it before. It was so nicely decorated. There were two bedrooms in her room! Cream had lots of space to play, it was so nice.

"Sonic, come wash your hands first. You can help me make dinner tonight," Vanilla started pulling all kinds of ingredients out of her fridge. It was so much, I couldn't even make an egg yet.

"S-so much..." I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

"Easy, take a breath," Vanilla put a bowl of vegetables in front of me and the sink, "We'll star by washing the vegetables, okay?"

"Okay," I turn on the water and did everything Vanilla told me. She even showed me how to properly cut them. Learning from her, it was so easy to understand...

  Vanilla is so kind... Helping her... it's kinda like when mom would cook when I was little...

"Sonic... what's wrong?" Vanilla's voice pulled me from my memories.

"Oh... it's nothing. The onion is probrably bothering me," I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Sonic..." She wiped my cheeks with a damp towel, "You can talk to me."

  My tears... they wouldn't stop...

"I told you... it's just the onion," my voice was quivering. I hadn't thought about home in weeks... now that I have... I missed it...

  I missed how kind mom and dad were before the test. I wished I had never taken that stupid test!

"Shh... it's okay..." Vanilla hugged me, "You've been through so much."

"Ms. Sonic, don't cry okay," Cream handed me a flower.

"I'm sorry... I don't know why it won't stop..." I kept wiping away endless tears. It took so long for the tears to finally stop. Vanilla held me the entire time.

  I was able to help cut vegetables soon after. Vanilla showed me what properly cooked meat looked like. I learned how to roast vegetables. I had cooked... and it actually tasted good. I wasn't a failure this time.

  I went to be having done something good for the first time in weeks. I had skills I could show off now!
"I have to tell Blaze-" I reached into my pocket, "Oh right... I don't have a phone anymore. Maybe if I save up I can get one. But it won't work without a provider... Nevermind, that's too expensive. All I need is to go grocery shopping!"

  I laid back in bed.

"You're making me sick!"

Shadow... you asshole. He says I don't disgust him... why did he say that then...

"You have an ass don't you?"

Rouge... I CAN'T DO THAT!!!! It's too emberassing... but if it really does feel good...

"Idiot! What the hell am I thinking..." I groaned... "I'm so confused...

--- A few days ago ---

"Gay?" Blaze turned to me, "You really don't know. It's when two boys mate and love each other."

"THAT EXISTS?!"

"Shhh! Someone will hear," Blaze covered my mouth.

"So... boys can really..." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Yes, but it isn't legal. Sonic, please be careful. Only do it if you're sure they won't tell," Blaze said.

"I don't really plan to do it. But I'll be careful. I promise."

--- Present day ---

"I can't..." I hid my face below my pillow, "Jerks... telling me all that... Blaze... what am I supposed to do?"

  I sat up in bed and watched the dark sky.

"It might feel good..."

  So long as no one finds out... it never happened.

  I pulled off my shorts and underwear. I wasn't really sure how to position myself... Maybe... like this? I laid on my stomach and reached my hand back toward my tail.

  I'm just testing this. Only this once...

"Nope, can't do it yet!" I threw my blanket back over myself.

  I doubt it feels good anyway. Rouge is just trying to mess with me.

  I closed my eyes and waiting for sleep to come.

  Shadow... you asshole.

~~~