Ep 16

PoV: Sonic

"Come on Sonic lead them!" Coach shouted as we all kept running.

I stayed back as bit. U was running behind the team, they're goal was to stay ahead of me as I got a little faster with each lap. By the end if practice the whole team was tired. We went home after that. I still had two hours before school started. I took a shower when I got home and slept for half an hour. I got up, ate some ramen, and put on my uniform.

"Sonic, darling," Vanilla came in as I started picking up the empty ramen cups to throw out, "You haven't been living off instant noodles have you?"

"Well... I have but it's alright. I dont want to burden you with making me food anyway."

"Absolutely not, you are going to eat properly," she handed me another box lunch, "Here's your lunch."

"I can't-"

"Take the lunch. I'm assuming you can't cook for yourself, otherwise you would have bought eggs to mix into the ramen for protien," she saw right through me!

"... Thank you..." I lowered my head to thank her.

"Now, I know this is a little early, but here," she handed me a white envelope.

"What's this?" I started to opening and found a check! My name was on it!

"Your paid check," she smiled.

"No way! I can buy food!" I had money again. I could eat more than noodles!

"I'm glad your happy. Head to the bank afterschool. You have today off," she fixed my quills. I felt her put something on my head.

"A head band?"

"I thought you might like it," she smiled.

  I smiled, it was a narrow headband with a few small golden leaves. It twisted like a vine, I loved it.

"Thank you," I thanked her.

"Head to school, you dont want to be late," she put my lunch in my bag and handed it to me.

"I will! Thank you!" I left, and unlocked the bike. I started making my way to school, wearing my new headband.

  I can't be more grateful to have met such an amazing person like Vanilla. I'll pay her back for everything she's done for me.

---

"You're so cool!" Tails smiled as I sipped water from the water fountain.

"Its not much," I laughed.

"You beat the football team and track team boys at a race! It's amazing!" Tails was wagging his tails like crazy.

"You think you're something special sweetheart?" One of the losing guys pushed me against the fence.

"Let her go!" Tails screamed.

"Shut it pipsqueek!" She snapped.

"Dont talk to him that way-" he was checking me... the asshole!

"Listen girly, you're a house wife like the worthless women you are. That's all you'll ever be," he snarled at me.

"T-tough words..." I smiled, "From someone... who lost... to a girl..."

  He threw me to the ground and punched the fence, "The only reason I'm not wringing you neck is because you're a woman!"

"Guess there's more advantages than I thought..." I got up and dusted myself off.

"Sonic! Are you okay? You're bleeding!" Tails was freaking out over the small cut on my knee.

"Its nothing. The blood will stop in a minute," I filled my hands with water from the water fountain and dumped it onto the cut, "There."

"But that's not properly cleaned..." he still looked worried, "It could get infected."

"Its fine. I would get scratched up as a kid all the time. All I ever did was trip and fall," I ruffled his fur.

"Okay..." he looked nervous but I was fine.

  Then it was lunch... and I realized what that one race did.

"What kind of girl runs faster than a guy?"

"Did her parents even raise her right?"

"I heard she can't cook."

"How sad! She'll make the world's worst wife!"

"No man is ever going to marry her."

"She needs to go to a boarding school to help her awful manners."

"Just cause she's pretty she think she can get by, but if she can't help a man, what good is she?"

"Useless wife."

"I'm useless..." I heard the whispers, and they were hard to ignore...

"Ignore them~"

"Ahh!" I jumped as arms wrapped around me.

"You're a nervous freak darling," Rouge was behind me, "Don't think about what they're saying."

"But it's all true..." I was a helpless wife... I wasn't even supposed to be a wife.

"It doesn't matter, did you forget?" Rouge smiled.

"Forget what?" Then I remembered, I started feeling nervous, I forgot how dangerous she was.

"You belong to me."

~~~