Ep 61

PoV: Sonic

"Good morning~!" I was grabbed as soon as I walked into school. Amy was hugging my arm with a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning Amy," I greeted her.

  It hadn't been all too bad to have her around as a friend. She got along well with Tails and wasn't trying to touch me in weird places anymore. The only issue was that she was constantly glued to me. And the way she'd cling to me... well...

"Oh, hi Shadow," Amy finally noticed Shadow.

"Hmph," Shadow was holding my other hand. My arms are no longer free.

"Hey, clinging to her so early in the morning?" Blaze came up to us and grabbed me, "You better let go."

"Sonic hasn't said anything. If she wants me to let go she can ask. Sonic, I made a batch of cookies just for you," Amy let go and pulled a small box out of her bag, "Try one."

"Thanks," I took the box from her and opened it. They were chocolate chip cookies inside. I took a bite of one, "They're good."

  Amy had the brightest smile.

"We're gonna be late," Shadow picked me up and started carrying me away.

"Shadow! You can't just take her!" Amy shouted.

"Shadow, you can put me down. You know I run faster than you. I won't be late," I had almost dropped the cookies.

"She won't leave us alone anymore. I hardly get time with you anymore between this and work," he refused to put me down. I couldn't help but smile and laugh.

"You're seriously jealous? Well I'm off tomorrow, if that interests you," I hugged him.

"I'll take you home with me," he held me tighter.

"Sure," I got down once we arrived at the classroom, "We'll spend all night together."

--- Friday ---

It was finally friday. I wore my track suit and stood in the line like everyone else did. Shadow was watching on the bleachers.

"Everyone! Welcome to try outs!" Coach shouted, "You will all do through a series of practices and a race. I will then decide who deserves to be on the track team this year."

"Hey, why is there a girl here? This is a guy's team, she's gonna cost us all our races."

"Yeah, she should be on volleyball or tennis," the complaints were starting.

"She's qualified to race. If she doesn't make the cut or not is up to me. You will all keep your mouths shut and race fair. Any cheating will be an immediate disqualification. Now we will start with some stretching and then light practice. Begin!"

  It was a competition now. I wasn't going to lose to anyone. The light practice was easily first place. The guys weren't too happy that they could hardly keep up.

"Hey, you're really fast," it was Knuckles. We only ever talked during P.E. he was trying out too.

"Thanks. Hey, weren't you on the baseball team?" I asked as we took a short break.

"The seasons over. I like to alternate between sports while I can. For what it's worth, I think you'll make the team. If I make it, I'll kick the ass of anyone who makes fun of you for it," he nudged me.

"Hahaha, that's considerate. Thanks," I stretched and we were called for the final race, "Meet you at the finish line."

"Not if I make it there first," he got down into position.

"3... 2... 1... Race!"

  It felt so freeing. Running as fast as I could for as long as I wanted. I couldn't wait to be on a team again.

"YEAH!" I ran through the ribbon far ahead of everyone else. I was beaten every one of the guys, and Knuckles was at the finish line not long after, "Told ya I'd meet you here."

"Yeah... you got everyone... completely... beat..." he sat down on the grass and I handed him a bottle of water, "Thanks."

"Hope you make the cut," I sat down besides him.

"Alright everyone! I will post the results tomorrow. Rest up and head home," Coach announced, "Sonic, you made the team being first. I can't wait to see how well you do in real competitions."

"I promise not to disappoint," I replied.

  Shadow was coming onto the feild with a smile. Huh? I noticed someone else by the fence far behind Shadow. This guy was hiding his face, and had a camera. Is he a parent or something? He left as soon as I noticed him. I felt a little uneasy since he seemed alone.

"You made it," Shadow helped me up, "Now we can celebrate."

"Yeah! I bet Vanilla will let me take home the left over cupcakes. I can't wait!" I felt so excited.

"I was thinking I could take you to eat," Shadow took my hand, "Anything you want."

"Really? Anything?"

"Really," Shadow replied.

"Yeah! Chillidogs tonight!" I cheered as we started walking home after I grabbed my things.

"I should have known that would be your choice," Shadow took my hand. As we got into the car I noticed it again. That man sitting in a brown car with the camera again. Why does he give me this feeling?

PoV: ...

"How's the investigation going? Have you found him yet?" I got a call from my employer.

"I found a potential match I'd like to keep my eyes on for a few more days. I'll keep you posted and send out the pictures soon."

  So then, you've decided to disguise yourself as the opposite sex. You're not all too clever, then again you are a child.

  Don't worry, I'll bring you home soon.

~~~

04/27/2022