Ep 69

PoV: Vanilla

  I could still recall last week. Cream and I were about to make some cookies to have with our tea party later that day.

---

"Why did you do it?" The judge asked as I stood in shackles, "Why help those infected with an almost impossible to cure virus?"

"Because it is not a virus," I shouted in the court, not lowering my voice no matter how many times the gable struck the pedel,"It is the way of the heart. A form of powerful love you would never understand. One of the of which was a child. He was only fifteen, still in his sophomore year of high school. He worked hard in school and helped in my cafe. He even asked for cooking lessons, wanting only to live happily with his partner of choice. He never caused trouble, but still the universe was cruel and gave him an unloving family that wanted to rid him when they learned his sexuality. He made a school known for being of poor quality, where students went unsupervised, into one where everyone was well behaved and focused. There is no virus forcing homosexual on mobians. That has been proven against and again by science! In fact, the only the only virus I see is the virus of fascist control in the government."

"How dare you insinuate our country that way!" The audience was outraged.

"She's obviously infected. Send her away!"

"She belongs in jail! She used that transvestite kid to infect our children!"

Slam! Slam! "Order in the court!" The judge shouted.

"If I may sir," my lawyer stood as the room was forced into and anxious silence, "Vanilla did not ever ask if any of her tenants were infected. I fact, I have all their paperwork. That child, Sonic, even marked his own gender as female. How was my client ment to know he was lying to her? Infact, all of her tenants lied about their infections. Vanilla is not the one responsible for their sheltering. They are all responsible for fraud!"

  No, this idiot. They've already been in taken, I cannot let him worsen their punishments. So many have died because if this...

"Infact! The police burst into Vanilla's building claiming there were several infected and immediately began an extermination. Not only did they give no prior warning, but they lacked a warrent from you, your honnor. As I see it. This was a mass murder under the cover of an unapproved and uncalled for Extermination which violated the peace of the  mass public. A mass murder which then led to an outburst of high schoolers protecting their friendships. Ask any of the student your honor, not one knew or believe Sonic was secretly a man."

  He flipped the blame.

"Objection! Emergency extermination are legal so long as there is significant evidence-" the other laywer started shouting.

"You only evidence was a single child! A single child who could have easily been arrested without distracting the peace!" My lawyer snapped, "Your honor the entire department is guilty of abusive powers, mass genocide, and miconduct!"

SLAM! 

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" The judge snapped. He rubbed his forehead, "I will come to a conclusion after a short recess. In the meantime, I want the jury dismissed. They have shown bais and can no longer make a justified decision."

  He dismissed the jury?! I had no idea such a decision was possibly.

  With that, was allowed a break to go outside. I could play innocent after my outburst earlier, however I still needed to avoid prison. I had three children to find and raise. Rosie was a great temporary caregiver but I was still responsible for raising Cream, Cheese, and Sonic. I could only hope they made it to her.

PoV: Sonic

"This is it," Shadow stopped the car and parked. It was almost sunrise. We had spent out last night driving around, "According to the address you have anyway."

"Yeah," I looked back, Cream and Cheese had fallen asleep again, "You ready?"

"You know I'm ready for anything with you," Shadow removed his seat belt and adjusted something had had tucked in his coat.

"Funny coming from the guy who spent months fighting with me cause he could figure out his own feelings," I opened the back door and picked up Cream.

"How was I supposed to know I was in love with you? I had never been in love before," he grabbed Cream's bag and we knocked on the door.

"I'd never been in love either. But I sure know not to push the person you like against a brick wall," I flicked his forehead.

"I only did that cause you were too close to that green idiot."

"You mean Scourge? No way you were jealous~ He's an old friend and im.not his type anyway. He protected me a lot," I stopped talking as I heard someone coming towards the door.

"I'm protecting you know, you need anyone else other than me, got it?"

"Sure, Dark Roast," I giggled.

"The most ridiculous code name you could have thought of," Shadow smiled as the door opened.

"Oh my," And elderly squirrel opened the door. She wore a nightgown and only cracked the door, "Can I help you?"

"Are you Rosie?" I spoke and held up the bracelet on my wrist, "Vanilla sent us. Please, could let us in?"

"Vanilla? Yes, come in quietly. You can set the children to bed in my room," She let us in and I set Cream and Cheese down in her bed.

"You never confirmed your identity," Shadow didn't want us to shut the door, he kept an eye on Cream and Cheese.

"I'm Rosie Squirrel. Vanilla and I were friends in culinary school together," She opened an old photo album, and photos of them together were posted on her walls, "I was always aware this day may come, but I wasn't expecting it so soon after she constructed her bakery. Thank you for delivering Cream and Cheese. You're welcome to stay a few nights, but I cannot provide you with permanent shelter. However, I do know someone who can help you get residency. Thankfully the Acorn Kingdom allows for the lgbtq community to express themselves whole heartedly. If you're able to find work soon, you can rent an apartment and eventually by a home for yourselves."

"You hear that Emerald?" Shadow held my hand, "No police chasing us here."

"Yeah, I'm just glad we're finally safe," I held his hand and we brought in the rest of our things.

  At last, so long as my mother doesn't come after me again were finally safe.

PoV: Vanilla

"Recesse has concluded!" The judge slammed their gavel again, "with the evidence gathered today from both parties, I have taken it upon myself to correct the unprofessional behaviors of the jury by removing their authority over judgement. I have now, myself, decided the faith of this case."

"You honor if I may-"

"No you may not," the judge silenced the opposing laywer.

  Please... I just want to be with my children again.

"And the verdict is..."

~~~

05-24-2023

Do I know anything about law? No. No I do not.

But I made a good guess. What do you think the verdict will be?

Love ya! Enjoy the tease, you dirty gremlins~

Bye bye~ 😚😚😚