Ep 27

PoV: Blaze

  Sonic hadn't really been moving around much. He stayed on the little mat beside my bed.

"I can't have you there anymore. Sonic," I helped him to, "Lay in the bed okay, I don't want your hurting yourself on this stupid mat."

"I'm okay right here-"

"No, I don't want you hurting your back," I picked him up and laid him in my bed. Then I put the mat away so he'd stay in bed.

"You didn't have to..." he curled up in the blanket.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" I asked. Sonic nodded yes, "I'll drive you. Okay."

"Okay..." he hugged my pillow.

  Shadow... you destroyed his heart... I suppose it's our fault. We're both sick... infected. According to the law we aren't suppose to exist. Still... Shadow... you didn't have to hurt him so bad.

PoV: Sonic

  Blaze drove me to my apartment where she quickly discovered was also where I work. I changed into my uniform and Blaze sat at one of the tables in the bakery. I used the vespa to do my deliveries today. I had gotten much better at it. After that Vanilla let me go to my room, Blaze went with me.

"Are you going to be okay?" She put her arms around me.

"I think so. We have school tomorrow anyway. And thankfully in chemistry we'll be changing seats. So Shadow will just be a bad high school mistake," I tried to smile but I couldn't... why did it hurt so bad, "He Blaze..."

"Yeah?" She held me tighter.

"I didn't even love him... I don't know what it feels like to love someone... we weren't dating or anything but... chaos... why does it hurt so fucking bad?" I hugged her back as tears fell.

"Have you ever been kiss that way by a girl or someone you like?" She asked.

"No... I haven't... Shadow was my first everything..."

"I think that's why. You've always done the rejecting. Saying no to girls. You've never been rejected because you've never had anyone you've liked. So it hurts more."

"It sucks..." I groaned.

"I know it does."

  She spent the night that night. I let her take the matress and I slept on the floor. I woke up for track practice and ran until my legs couldn't go on.

"Sonic, you're running hard this morning," couch handed me my water bottle.

"I just have a lot on my mind," I answer.

"Its a boy isn't it," he laughed.

"Um... I wouldn't say that..." I didn't know how to change the topic.

"Sonic, you're a smart girl. You strong on your own, don't let one guy ruin your future. You won't find your husband in highschool. The boys here are all idiots who think love is a movie. Listen, just keep your head on. It's one guy, he doesn't decide what you do. You decide that for yourself," he handed me a towel to wipe off my sweat, "Take a break. You ran hard."

"Yes Coach."

  Boys are idiots who think love is a movie... you know what, I think that's pretty true. Shadow... the things you said to me... did to me... I was kidding myself. We weren't going to work out. Maybe I can force myself to like a girl in the future. For now...

  ...I think I'll just try and survive.

~~~