Ep 63

PoV: Sonic

  Vanilla... I recalled everything Vanilla said to me yesterday... I had gotten so comfortable here... Now I couldn't get rid of this uncomfortable feeling...

"Maybe... I should be prepared..." I had noticed that same car around my school almost everyday. It was so creepy... "Okay."

  I got dressed is a pair of jeans and a hoodie to hide my face. I grabbed a portion of the cash I had from my tips at work, and left. It was grocery day anyway. I bought my normal groceries, but I bought a few items to use as rations too. Canned, packaged, anything that had an expiration date for next year or further away. I bought a few waterbottles to keep in the extremely large backpack I bought as well. Now the real question is, do I pack women's clothes or men's clothes? Maybe I should stuff a blanket in here too.

  We I got home, I decided to add a blanket, and a set of both clothes. Women's and men's. Bzzz! Bzz!  The communicator Tails gave me went off. Shadow was texting me that he wanted to pick me up so we could have a date.

"I should get dressed then-"

Woo-woo-woo-wooo! The sound of a siren suddenly approached from a distance, but it wasn't fading...

"What's going on?" I looked out the window, there was a police car outside. Then there was three, and four... they had blocked off both ends of the street...

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY QUARENTINE. NO ONE IS ALLOWED INSIDE THE BUILDING OR OUT OF THE QUARENTINE ZONE."

  I quickly pulled my face from the window and pulled my hood back up. Vanilla! Cream! I grabbed my emergency bag, and-

"Sonic," Vanilla was at my door, "I need you to take Cream and Cheese. She handed me a coin purse, "Do you have emergency supplies?"

"Yeah... it's all in here..." I replied.

"This is all the cash I have and my emergency funds card. The code is 1219. If you forget, ask Cream for her birthday. It has enough money for food and train tickets to get you to Rosie. This is Cream and Cheese's emergency back. Clothes, food, water, and a first aid kit..." she hugged me, "Chaos please take care of my 3 children."

"I'll get her to Rosie as fast as I can," I took the bags from Vanilla.

"Cream, Cheese," Vanilla pulled them in from the hall, "You're going to stay with big sister Sonic for a while. She's going to take good care of you and take you to Nana Rosie."

"Mama..." Cream hugged her mother, "You'll come see us later like you promised... right?"

"I hope I can," It felt horrible... watching them be separated...

"VANILLA RABBIT. PLEASE EXIT THE BUILDING."

"I have to go," Vanilla gave Cheese, and Cream a kiss on the forehead before taking her bracelet off. She placed it around Cream's wrist... and left...

"Ms. Sonic... I don't like this..." Cream ran up to me and hugged me.

"I know," I hugged them back, "I don't like it either..."

---

  It was quiet for a long time. There was no way to get out without being seen by police. I looked out my second window, the fire escape didn't have anyone watching it. This will be our only chance.

  I opened the window and stuck my head out to look around, still no one...

"EVERY RESIDENT IN THIS BUILDING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE INFECTED. BEGIN CAPTURE FOR PURGERY!"