Ep 72

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic slept as I looked through the news paper for jobs. Everything required at least a high school diploma. Instead I signed up to get my GED Cirtificate and I began to study in the motel. I wouldn't let Sonic dye his fur but Rosie gave him a wig along with ear extensions and a tail. He took on the appearance of a beautiful brunette bunny. He used waterproof make up on his face to hide any of his remaining blue fur. However this time he didn't hide as a women. Sonic began studying too, for a decent job we'd both need to get general education development certificates.

  For a few weeks it went on like this. Vanilla sent us money which we would then give to Rosie for her to use on Cream and Cheese. I had plenty of funds to keep Sonic and I fed while in a motel room. We studied by downloading free pdfs of text books and practicing problems on note pads we stole from the front desk. By the end of the month we both took our online exams and passed. I was able to land a job in a claims office it paid well for a beginning job. Sonic had experience so he was able to get better pay in the same office working as an HR beginner specialist. Not only that but there was no news of Sonic playing in the city at all. It was illegal to broadcast anti-lgbt propaganda in the city.

"Hey Dark Roast," Sonic spoke as he walked out of the motel shower in just his pyjama pants, "Do you think we have to move out of this city? We could make out dream here. Vanilla is coming to pick up Cream and Cheese soon. She'll be on probation for a while but then she plans to reopen her bakery again. This time bigger with more dorms. I could work for her again-"

"What about your mother?" I reminded him as I looked up his case on my new phone, "The news about you is banned here but in she's still hunting you down. So long as you're 16 she had legal rights over you."

"Right... and we can't get married without parental consent. Why is she still looking? It's not like she cares. They locked me in the basement when I tested positive for the gay disease. My dad wouldn't even acknowledge I was his son. Why can't she just leave me alone?"

"I don't know," I hugged Sonic as he came and laid down besides me, "But if we leave we will never even have to think about them again."

"You're right," Sonic let out a sigh of relief, "Shadow... I want a chillidog so bad..."

"We'll pick some up on our way home from work tomorrow. Promise."

"Goodnight~"

"Goodnight."

PoV: Scourge

"Hey, need a favor," I found the little two tailed genius Sonic had made friends with.

"Oh, you're Sonic's friend right? I saw you guys together on the beach feildtrip," he recognized me, "Sonic's told me about you, Scourge right?"

"Yeah, that makes things easier. I have an important message I need to tell him. Can you work your genius magic and find him for me?"

"Maybe, but why should I tell you?" He was hesitant but I didn't blame him.

"It's just important that I'm there to protect him. I wasn't able to be there when he needed me. I have to make up for that," I pulled out all of the cash in my pocket, "I'll pay you more but it'll take some time."

"Okay, I'll help you. But not for the money, you have to take someone else with you," he smiled.

"Sure, I can do that," I agreed, it didn't matter who this person was so long as I got to Sonic.

"Alright. They'll meet you at this spot in tomorrow night," he handed me a paper, "They'll be your GPS."

"Thanks, I'm trusting you," I pocketed the paper and got up.

"Oh yeah, tell Sonic I said hi, and I hope he's safe," The two tailed fox boy waved and left after that.

  I'll be there even faster now. I may have needed to make a u-turn but now it's almost a garentee to find Sonic.

---

The next night I waited until the bridge near the river Miles had told be to wait at. He even wrote a code word down for me to use. I kept my switchblade in my hand, just in case.

"Jackfruit," I heard from behind me as a felt a presence.

"Blueberry," I replied.

"You're the guy huh?" It was a girl who was dressed in all black with a hood over her face.

"I'm the guy, you're my GPS. Let's get going. I have a car so we don't have to wait," I slipped the blade into my sleeve and lead her to the car.

One in the car she opened her bag and handed me an energy drink, "Not bad. You have good taste."

"The city is a 18 hour drive by highway. You'll need that. We're heading to the Acorn kingdom," she kept her hood on but I caught a glance at those icy eyes.

"You have business there, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to," I started driving.

"Hmph, you sure understand how to keep personal information out of business. We're both going for the same reason, to help out a friend," She opened a fresh pack of sunflow seeds and turned on the radio.

"You got Princess," I held out my hand and she gave me a small pile of seeds to work on.

"Don't call me Princess."

"Alright, but I gotta call ya something. Name's Scourge, by the way."

"Alright Scourge, you can call me Alicia."

"Alicia it is."

  Just 18 hours Sonic, wait for me just for 18 hours.

~~~

12-07-2023

Aye!! New diguses, new jobs, and GED certificates? Sonic and Shadow can essentially live as adults now! But Scourge is on his way.

Will he find Sonic? We'll just have to wait and see.

Love you guys! 😚