Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Familiarizing

Eventually, Asner decided to get out in his despondency. Nothing would come out if he would just let himself wallow in misery and pessimism. Filled with new purpose and determination, he decided to ask the system despite his feelings of annoyance for the things that the system did and didn't.

He wanted to confirm something.

{ System, he wouldn't come for me, right? }

{ Negative, Host. Scp-096 wouldn't come looking for host and kill him. If he has any intention of killing the host since the host has seen a 'visualization' of his face in the past life, he should have gone the moment that host recovers the memories of his past life. }

Asner sighed in relief when he heard that. Tired of all of the things that happened today, he decided to fall asleep on his bed. Tomorrow, he would start planning for what would he do and things that he need to consider.

Later, while Asner was sleeping on his bed, his father Ansell open his door slightly. He look at his sleeping son and smiled slightly. He didn't bother shutting down the lamp in his son's bedroom since he knows that his son dislikes having his room is filled with darkness.

" Good night Asner. "

He muttered before closing the door.

----------------------

            Monday, Asner was walking towards the school's library after the classes. He has his daily mission for Monday on reading a book in the library. When he entered the library, he was greeted by the librarian who was wearing a warm and amicable smile on her face.

" Good day, Mister Graves. It is good to see you again. Are you here to read a new book again? What type of book do you need? "

Asner was a regular visitor of the library. He wasn't surprised by the reaction that he got from the librarian the moment that he entered and the librarian have seen his face and walked towards her counter. He was also used to the way she called him 'Mister Graves'. It was nothing unusual as she also put Mister, Miss, and Madam towards the regular visitors of the school library whether a person is a kid or an adult.

Asner put a thoughtful face as he heard the question of the librarian. For a few moments, he contemplated it. Before finally deciding to speak out his thoughts.

" Do you have a book about Buddhism? "

For a moment, Asner got a strange look directed at him. He waited patiently despite feeling uncomfortable by the gaze of the librarian. Eventually, the librarian started typing words on the keyboard and she stared at the monitor of the computer, before answering.

" It was in section R-2. "

Fiddling with her hands, she stared again at him before smiling slightly.

" The more you visit the library Mister Graves, the more that your choice of topics and categories has gotten more and more interesting. Did you consider advancing? I heard that there was a rumor that the Dean and the Teachers are talking about it. "

Asner frowned when he heard that. If that happened, he would look more unusual to the other people. Anyway, there are many things to think about than advancing the school grade for a moment. Asner was certain that even the teachers and dean started considering it, it would take a while before the school staff come to an anonymous decision.

" No... Miss Sims. I didn't hear about it. I am new to that information. I am thankful for you to bother and inform me of the situation. "

" Glad to help! "