Chapter 44

AN: This week is filled with exams. I think I haven't done well in answering the questions. I'm already exhausted with all of the memorizations and reviewing that I have done.

I hope that I would pass the exams. I am not sure about my answers. 😭😭

On the other hand, I have discovered something that made me feel giddy and happy. SCP Broadcast featuring my favorite SCP character/ Foundation Doctor. Too bad it is in the Japanese language. I can't understand it. But that doesn't stop me from checking out every short episode of it.

So far, the doctors that have been featured by my favorite doctor were doctor Clef, ice, gears, and Gerard. I wonder who's next?

Chapter 44: New siblings?

    When Xie Loan opened the door to his temporary residence, he wasn't surprised when he found 3 familiar strangers waiting inside his home. The 3 of them are all-male like him with varying characteristics of their own.

The first male was in his late twenties of European descent. He gives off the feeling of someone who was unapproachable and demands respect. His face was handsome and gives off an aristocratic vibe. Black hair and emerald eyes. In this modern age, he was wearing a Victorian Era style of clothes. The 1st person was a complete failure of being inconspicuous.

The 2nd person, on the other hand, was also no better at being unnoticeable. He was dressed in a soldier uniform. Specifically, a soldier uniform. He wore a serious and stern expression on his face. His expression and clothes make people go away from him.

Xie Loan stared at the 3rd person. He was younger than the two previous people and the youngest person in this room. Different from the two, he was wearing simple casual clothes. He has a face that makes you let down your guard and a friendly smile on his face. Comparing the 3 people, the youngest person is the one who is the most approachable among the 3 familiar strangers.

After observing them, Xie Loan decided to ask the familiar strangers.

" What are you doing here? "

The moment that they exist, Xie Loan was already aware of them. They were created with that skill, so he would be able to feel the connection between them.

The first person stepped forward and directed him a haughty expression.

" Isn't it normal to introduce ourselves because you are our Predecessor? I would never think of you to be so rude. Nonetheless, it shall be expected as you are created when the clone skill is still low leveled. My name is Salazar, it was the name that the creator has bestowed to me. "

Xie Loan already found Salazar's attitude unpleasant. If this is what it's like to have fellow beings who understand his situation, he wouldn't want it. Xie Loan gaze at the two other people in the room. That was their cue to also introduce themselves.

The second person give a Curt nod and said his name.

" Alastor. "

It was better than Salazar and Xie Loan found Alastor's trait closer than his own. The youngest and the third guest in his residence give him a brilliant smile as he introduces himself.

" Heya! I'm Oscar Dearborn. Hehe, I got a surname unlike the two! You also got a surname, isn't it? Anyway, nice to meetcha! My mission is to go to Deer College. Your mission is in Marshall Carter & Dark and that GOC branch here in London. Salazar is going to Serpent's Hand and Alastor would go in Chaos Insurgency.... "

Enthusiastic, chatty, and like to talk. His traits are too different from them and much closer to an enthusiastic child. Xie Loan found him too much and overwhelming. He wasn't better than Salazar.

Before he could ask them a question again, new information entered his mind.

[ Mission of the Unusualness:

• Enter Three Portlands

Duration: 1 week
Rewards: 5000 points     ]

The creator has bestowed him a new mission. Xie Loan then hears an exclamation of a surprise coming from Oscar. He stared at the Clone and found the latter bothering the 2 other clones.

" Heya, did you also get it? "

Alastor curtly nodded while Salazar clicked his tongue in distaste when Oscar started tugging on his clothes.

" The creator has given a mission. Unhand me, you're ruining my clothes! "

Xie Loan frowned when he heard that. The 3 new clones then turned to stare in his direction.

" I also got the mission. "

He replied to their silent inquiry.

" So, all of us have gotten the mission? It looks great! We would have an opportunity to bond together while doing the mission. "

Oscar exclaimed while smiling happily. The 2 other clones started backing away from him. Even with the other 2 new clones, they also found the youngest of them to be very odd. Oscar has far too much enthusiasm and expressions shown on his face at every moment of their conversation.

" From the information given to me by the creator, the Deer College is located in the 3 Portlands. "

Oscar said to them. Xie Loan thought for a moment about the information that their creator passed to them about the 3 Portlands. It was an anomalous location and enclaves. Located in another dimension and other than the deer college, there was also another magical college in the 3 Portlands. There was a branch of the ICSUT (International Center for the Study of the Unified Thaumatology) on that anomalous conclave. It was also known as ICSUT Portland which was established in 1941. Much earlier than the deer college which was established in 1948.

Xie Loan stared at Oscar who was still looking energetic as ever and the other two clones who look stoic and serious as himself. Xie Loan then glance at the surroundings of his residence and frowned.

There are a lot of books scattered on the ground.

" I am relieved that I don't need to do the missions alone. "

Xie Loan said. He also thought that it also meant that their creator would choose riskier missions in the future which didn't bother him. He was looking forward to it.

" Well, I'm not the only one who was glad on meeting your first clone! I'm looking forward to our mission and going to Deer College. "

After that, Xie Loan then ordered the 3 of them to arrange all of the books that they have left scattered on the ground. He also lectured them on barging unannounced on his residence while messing around with his items. Salazar complained as he helped on picking up the books while Alastor remained silent and obedient. Fulfilling the task with maximum efficiency. On the other hand, Oscar while helping was also causing more trouble as he accidentally cause some of his books to be damaged.

That day, Xie Loan found the food preferences of his new siblings. Salazar likes his tea too much, Alastor is a vegetarian and Oscar only eats sweet foods.