Chapter 24

Chapter 24: The News Room

       A woman sits on a chair dressed just like those in secretary garb. On her front was a stack of paper and a table. She picked one of the papers and glanced at him before saying.

" Theodore Miles, Age 20. Born February 23, 1996. "

Theodore could feel a rising feeling of uncomfortableness within him.

"The Year 2015. December 14, Car Accident. "

He froze as he heard those words.

" Welcome to one of the afterlives, Mr. Theodore Miles. You are currently in one of the limbo and spirits to stumble within our place. Congratulations, or should I say you have been unfortunate enough to arrive at this time. "

Theodore could only feel confusion as he stared at the woman

" Our RMA would be experimenting with sorts, and you as the 2000th spirit was chosen to participate. You would be the first human that we would send into that world. I hope that you would provide some sufficient data once you are there. Don't worry we wouldn't send you there without benefits and perks. We would be wasting a considerable amount of karma points just you can be sent on that world. I hope that you would provide a considerable amount of data and amusement Mr. Theodore Miles. "

Theodore stood up from his seat.

" I'm sorry. Your refusal doesn't matter. And you being the first one to be sent there could be considered as an honor. We would be awaiting the results and we refuse your refusal. "

Helpless. He can't even speak to voice his opinion.

" Well, if you failed, you are unfortunate enough to be wiped out. No more reincarnation for you as you would be fully wiped out of your existence and out of the reincarnation cycle. Thus worlds do things to beings like you in the Original World. Hopefully, you provide us a wonderful entertainment. Goodbye, Mr. Theodore Miles. "

He can feel himself losing consciousness.

" Oh, I forget to tell you but you would have some considerable amount of hole in your past life memories. You wouldn't remember stuff. And this conversation wouldn't even be remembered. Good luck Mr. Theodore Miles. "

As he can feel anger towards her, he thought that those beings are a bunch of bastards and bitches.

----------------------

     When Asner opened his eyes. He was welcomed by the sight of a dull and blank ceiling and the voice of his father greeted him.

" Morning, Asner. "

Asner blinked and yawned. Getting up from the bed, his father helped him to sit. He briefly glances at the simple white sheets, pillows, and blankets. Under the inquisitive and worried eyes of his father, he returned the greeting with a slight smile.

" Morning. "

Ansell feels his mood lifted by the smile. He brought his son to his lap and proceeded to embrace snuggle him.

" I'm sorry that you have been here because of my plan and selfish decision. "

Ansell whispered to his son. Asner can feel himself frowning at that. He has agreed to the decision so there's no need for his father to apologize.

" Please, don't apologize father. You didn't do anything wrong. "

" But I am selfish with my plan. "
His father whispered again.

" And I am also selfish with my previous decision. "

Asner said as a matter of fact.

For a few minutes, the father and son just stayed silent. Just letting the silence and quietness fill their new 'home'. But after a few moments, both of them decided to break the silence. The father grumbled while the son was sighing.

The room that they were in was very wide. Ansell requested that his son would live with him and that he wouldn't be placed in whatever building did the other SCPs belong on this site. As per the agreement, the request has been granted but both Ansell and Asner wouldn't live in the dormitories or buildings of the researchers. They would also have mobile task forces soldiers that would observe and guard their new 'home'. They were also there to watch their every move and report if they did anything suspicious.

Both the father and son decided to ignore the looming soldiers outside of their room, currently, they were staring at the dull and white room. The bed, sheets, pillows, blanket, chairs, and tables are the same. It was also a clean and blank color white.

Thankfully after the interrogation, the luggage that they were carrying was returned to them after a careful inspection. Allowing them to have this luggage was one of the demands that Ansell has requested. The luggage contents are mostly clothes, a picture book, a picture frame, books, and hygiene supplies.

Ansell decided to take out the contents of the luggage under the watchful eyes of his son. He started placing the books on the table. The hygiene supplies in the little bathroom. And their clean clothes would still stay in the luggage.

There was then a voice outside the door calling out. Not waiting for Ansell to reply or open the door himself, the other person opened the door with a loud bang. The loud bang was caused by kicking the door and it meets the floor.

Ansell and Asner concluded that the door is broken.

" Welp, I didn't expect that! "

The person exclaimed in a loud voice. Asner and Ansell can't see the person's face as they saw him carrying three piles of boxes that were stacked together.

" Sorry about that, I didn't expect the door to be fragile. Anyway, I am from one of the sub-departments of the Engineering Technical Services Department. Responsible for maintenance and bringing things that people and SCPs alike would request. We ensure to fulfill the request and complaints of the demanding inhabitants of the foundation. "

Somehow, Asner doubts that. From what he knows, members of this department were quite tricky and a bunch of trolls.

Ansell and Asner watched the person drop the box to the ground carelessly. Thankfully, looks like there are no fragile and glass-made things inside the box.

"These things in the boxes are additional clothes for you Mr. Ansell and your son. There's a lot of new lab coats on them and hygiene supplies and cleaning stuff. "

Ansell nodded his head.

" Also the thing that you requested to have a window in your room would be fulfilled later. "

Later, Ansell and Asner left the room while being watched by the guards. Their first day was spent with Ansell attending the orientation of the accounting department together with his son and being introduced, delegated, and assigned his task in the said department. Asner just keep quiet on his side while some people decided to introduce themselves to his father and guide him where one of the cafeterias of Site 17 is located.

When they returned, Asner could only sigh while his father stared at the windows with a blank and indecipherable look on his face.

There are three life-size and realistic windows painted in the room.