Chapter 40

AN: Can I ask something? When are the Saber Wars in FGO?

Chapter 40: A talk between two doctors

     In one of the offices in Site-17, the door opened and a man wearing a lab coat and an accessory on a neck entered the room.

" How was your meeting with the subject, Bright? "

There was a man in the room who questioned Dr. Bright who have just entered. Dr. Bright wore a look of clinical disinterest as he address the other man in the room who happened to be the Site-17 Director, Dr. Kondraki.

" Unexpectedly, with a lack of deaths. "

" Does it bother you that it was a peaceful meeting? Looking at your current body's expression, it seems that you were disappointed. "

Dr. Bright took a seat on one of the sofas in the light blue painted room. The sofa was a boring and plain light brown colored.

" What do you expect Kondraki? I am always dying. It was natural for me to assume that I would die today. This is the foundation, where unpleasant events would turn gruesome and awry. A place where death is commonplace and natural. It has come as second nature to me. It was so easy like breathing. "

Dr. Kondraki didn't have any chance of expression as he stared at Dr. Bright.

" We can't always have nice things..."

He trailed off then said

" We aren't here to discuss your suicidal tendencies Bright. As you are the one who insisted to me to meet my newest subject on Site-17 after you and Clef heard the rumors, what is your evaluation of the subject? Do we have another Sigguros? "

Dr. Bright scoffed.

" Kondraki you can't compare the two to each other. She can bend anything according to her perception. The child on the other hand appeared to be bound by rules unknown to us currently. "

A few moments passed by then Dr. Kondraki started laughing.

" Isn't it ironic that a reality bender would appear to be bound by laws? "

Dr. Kondraki mused. Then he sent an amused smile at Dr. Bright.

" This is your first meeting of the subject. You can be correct or wrong in your assumption. My assumptions were different from yours. In my observations in the distance, the monitors, and his earlier interaction with the starry-eyed child, it was that the child was holding back. "

" If Clef was here, his opinion would differ from us. "

Dr. Bright muttered. The other doctor in the room inclined his head slightly.

" He could be considered the most cautious one when it comes to reality benders, isn't he? "

" Yes. It was within his former job description to be wary of them, or is it because of his experience? "

" Bright, did you read his file? "

" No. there was no existing file regarding him. "

" In your statement, you appear to admit that there was a time you have looked to his files. "

Dr. Bright fiddled with Scp-963 and focused his gaze on them.

" If things didn't go well between bringing your newest subject to interact with Scp-134, we will have some casualties. "

" Things have gone normally between the two subjects. "

" It would be unfortunate if Scp-134 died along with the pompous Dr. MacWarren doesn't it? "

Dr. Bright smiled widely. The King of booooterflies remained unaffected by the unnerving smile. He merely replied.

" The doctor is still alive along with Scp-134. "

" Yes.. unfortunately. "

" What did the doctor do to you to gain unfavorable impressions of you, Bright? Nonetheless, I am glad that the interaction between the two SCPs has been peaceful. I wouldn't want to make several piles of reports. "

After talking with Dr. Kondraki, Dr. Bright left the room. The other doctor watched him leave while standing.

He was surprised that Dr. Bright didn't mention how the O-5 treated their current subject. Compared to the other SCPs, the O-5 has been lenient towards the subject. Yet he knows that it wasn't that they are getting soft. Being bribed by mere papers. A paper that was capable of binding anything through words and clauses. The subject has been useful. The O-5 council wouldn't want such a useful asset to disappear so they would grant some of its requests.

The Scp-7007 may be a different blend of reality bender than Scp-239. Yet the O-5 saw him more useful and less dangerous than the witch child.

Would he call them foolish and narrow-minded? The newest reality bender on his site has the potential to be as dangerous as Sigguros. Even it was bound by some strange rules as Dr. Bright has assumed. It can create strange products out of nowhere. According to the files gathered, Scp-7007 appears to have multiple anomalous abilities. Invisibility, Dream traveling, Precognition, Explosions, and several undiscovered abilities.

Reality Anchors aren't working towards the subject and the Hume levels showed him as someone who has the hume levels about the amount of a normal person.

The O-5 may haven't realized. A reality bender who can produce a strange item out of nowhere, Scp-7007 is also a reality bender who can produce or develop abilities whenever he wanted.

Regardless of how strange of reality bender Scp-7007, he was designated as a reality bender because he was one. A reality bender is someone who broke the laws manipulating it according to their own will.

The only thing that appears to stop the Scp-7007 is its form of restraint. The child was an exception to the common categories of reality benders on their records and the files from GOC that they have acquired. It was only wishful thinking that its restraint would last long or forever. Eventually, it would lose its restraint and become a victim of its power. When it would enter the 4th stage, Dr. Kondraki would make sure that he would prepare for the subject to be put down, the cost, and the following casualties that would happen.