Chapter 31

(Please skip the rant if you want)

AN: 😭😭😭😭 60 sq and 10 tickets went down the drain. I didn't get my favorite Avenger Edmond Dantes. I didn't even get Caster Gil but a Tamamo Caster spook. I don't need her. I don't need a fox waifu! It would be better if I got spooked with Waver since I need him.

And then yesterday, I tried rolling for Pele BB or Mysterious Heroine X with 60 sq and 20 tickets.

I got NOTHING but SALT.

Why did I let myself be tempted with a swimsuit servant and my favorite Avenger?! No more SQ for Merlin 😭😭 and I didn't fucking get them. Everything went to the drain.

Merlin, ahhh I don't know what would I do without one of my favorite servants and characters. I can't break F2P status and even if I did. The rate of buying Saintz Quartz in this country is so unfair. I'm just a poor student.

Chapter 31: Treatment

            Ansell woke up from the sight of his son sitting on the bed and watching on the mysterious cellphone. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. Asner notice him waking up and smiled at him.

" Good morning, Father. "

He get up from the bed and returned the greeting.

" Good Morning, Asner. I didn't expect you to wake up early. "

He waited for his son to reply. Asner was still staring and listening to the video that he was watching on the mysterious cellphone. Nowadays, Ansell was used to knowing that his son is a special one of a kind. It becomes a normal thing for him. And he became getting used to the idea if his son did something new that was out of the ordinary. Just like having a mysterious ever-changing cellphone to appear whenever he wanted. Ansell knows that his son was using the mysterious cellphone if he needed to find some information but mostly, it was for entertainment purposes.

Finally, Asner stared at him and give his answer.

" I have a nightmare. "

He said in a soft and hesitant voice. Ansell frowned at that and put his son on his lap and hugged him from behind. He got a glimpse of the video that his son was watching. It was an advanced animation of a group of four girls fighting a monster. The first girl was dressed in red and black and has a scythe. The second was a girl with white hair and a dress. 3rd girl was a girl in black and white with a bow in her black hair and the 4th was a girl in the yellow scheme. Hopefully, there wasn't any inappropriate that would show in the animation for his son's age.

" I'm sorry that I haven't woken up when you are having nightmares, son. "

The grip on the mysterious cellphone tightened before Asner replied softly.

" It was fine. I don't want to bother you and wake you up. You are tired of all of the work that you have done yesterday. "

Ansell tightened his hug more. His son was so considerate and it made him worry more.

" It wasn't fine. You should wake me up when you have nightmares. "

" But.. "

" Do you want me to tell me about your nightmares? "

He asked his son in a gentle voice. If Asner doesn't want to answer them. Then, he would be patient and wait until Asner told him about his nightmares and worries. But, Asner was a good child who was so considerate of him.

" I dreamed of many ways that the world could be destroyed. "

Looks like that it was a really serious nightmare.

Ansell was aware of many things that the foundation doesn't about his son. His son told him about those things. Asner put a lot of trust and faith in him. He knows that his son was aware of a lot of things about this world. And he could learn more information and knowledge as long as he wanted. He just need to use the mysterious cellphone for it and he would obtain new information.

That's why among all of the things that Asner could do that he knows, Ansell told his son sternly that he must never let the foundation take the Mysterious Cellphone. Ansell was aware of the nature of his son's abilities. It was due to the mysterious being that clung to his son since the incident. A being that proclaimed itself as a System and give his son a 'gamelike mission and reward abilities'. The system was punishing his son with a stick that he wouldn't be ever to avoid and a carrot that only gives him more trouble.

" Do you want to elaborate on it? "

Ansell asked his son as Asner continues watching the show on the mysterious cellphone.

" No. "

" Okay. "

Ansell said to his son. A few minutes after that, the time was spent with him hugging Asner while the latter was focused on watching the TV show. Ansell's mind has drifted back to the time that his son spent his second experience of being under the care of Dr. MacWarren while he was watching in the monitor room with Dr. Edison and Dr. Aeish.

Unlike the first time where Dr. MacWarren and his son told of introducing themselves and things that they like, dislike and some hobbies. The second time was playing board games and a test paper measuring his son's intelligence. An IQ test. He can see that his son enjoyed playing board games and didn't like the latter which involve the test paper. Still, he saw his son on the monitor solving all of the questions on the paper.

Ansell knows that his son was intelligent. But he hoped that the results of those papers wouldn't be something like that the foundation would find interest in. Hopefully, his son knows the reason behind the test paper and deliberately held back. Ansell knows that his son often gets high scores on exams. But he didn't want that IQ test to get high results.

His son told him that the foundation is awful. But his son also told him that not all of them are horrible and very cruel. There are still people who were sympathetic and have a conscience. If Asner thinks like a child, some would still treat him like a child. He was afraid that what would they find on that paper would result in them not holding back and changing their treatment towards his son. And they would violate the contract despite the severe consequences.

If that happened, then he and his son wouldn't be able to do one of the reasons why his son fully agreed on being here in the first place other than him. Asner was a child with a bleeding heart. Even he wasn't, stopping that event was enough reason to enter the foundation.