Chapter 36

AN: Merlin! MERLIN! MEEERRRRRLIIIIIINNNN !!!

Here it comes, Merlin's last banner for this event.

As they said, waifu is temporary but Meta is Eternal!

Please give me your luck everyone. Hopefully, I would manage to pull Merlin before his banner ends in this event!

Unlimited Farming Works! (Keep farming and farming for Saint Quartz until you get Merlin or have no more Free Quest, Interludes, Rank up a quest or you run out of time.. )

Someday, I have a dream that I would pull all of the reality stones (Castoria, Skadi, Zhuge Liang, Koyanskaya, and Oberon )

And currently rolling for Merlin.

Hopefully, I would have all of them and remain F2P forever. But if there was a chance that I could just whale... I have already done it. Sadly, it would never happen. I would be just a bitter F2P player forever.

Chapter 36: Identity Thief

      " Just in time, as expected of you Sir Xie Loan or should I say, Mr. Ciel Lawn? "

It was just another day for Xie Loan. The sun hasn't risen yet, and the weather today doesn't seem promising. It was morning. Xie Loan was in one of the buildings owned by the MCD. Since he made his presence known to them and piqued their interest, he became one of their contractors. Today was another day of business. As he entered the building, he was greeted by the attendants and led by one of them in the usual room where he and that person was conducting their business. Xie Loan opened and closed the door once he entered the room.

Upon entering, Xie Loan immediately came upon a sight of a person laying on the couch while reading a fashion magazine. The person look up from the magazine and faintly smiled.

" Good Morning Sir Xie Loan did you have a good rest? "

Xie Loan sat on one of the sofas in the room. He never likes the atmosphere inside this room. This room gives a feeling of being inside someone's home. It looks warm and comfortable. In this kind of environment, there was a high chance of humans lowering their guard and making themselves comfortable.

The person laying on the couch has chosen this environment. Xie Loan would prefer if the atmosphere and surroundings would be more proper and appropriate. Something that was more business-themed and formal. An office for example. It would be more suited since they are conducting a business.

" Or do you prefer that I would call you by the identity that you bought, Sir Ciel Lawn? "

Xie Loan put the suitcase that he have with him on the table. He then replied to the person laying on the couch.

" Ciel Lawn is an identity when I used so that I could blend the society and to the people. When dealing with the anomalous world, Xie Loan is more appropriate. "

" I see... "

The person muttered. He wasn't surprised when he threw the book and it disappeared. Xie Loan was used to the peculiarities that this person has shown to him. He wouldn't also pry or ask despite the curiosity still being there on his mind. It would be rude and inappropriate when conducting a business.

" You know that I could always take the identity that you bought from me, Mister... Xie Loan. "

The person muttered. It appears that the person was testing the sound of his name on their mouth. The name that was given by his creator.

" I could also take your other name if you offend me and dared to cross the rules of the Marshall, Carter, and Dark. "

The person was now sitting properly. Looking at him with a serious and threatening expression. This person was infamous in the Marshall, Carter & Dark. Maybe, the person was also known in the anomalous world. The person was generally recognized in the alias identity thief.

" We heard from the interesting sources that you have been visiting a branch of the Global Occult Coalition? "

Xie Loan frowned and replied.

" Yes, I have. "

" I would expect that you would deny it. But you have been honestly blunt and straightforward. Man, your expression didn't even change much. You only have a slight frown on your face. I was looking forward to more than a frown. For example, you wearing a shock expression and perhaps... "

The identity thief grinned.

" I wanted to imagine a scared expression on your face. Since the day I met you, you're such a boring guy! You're just like the archetypical straight lace person type. It was such a put-off. "

Xie Loan decided to not reply and let the identity thief start ranting. Most of the time they were conducting the business, it was spent with the identity thief talking.

" So, what are you doing in that school that belongs to them? "

" If you are worried about my goals on going on that place, then you don't need to be worried as I wouldn't do anything that would harm the Marshall, Carter & Dark. "

The Identity Thief Scoffed.

" Common sense states that people who would assure themselves to be trusted and not harmful are usually someone who couldn't be trusted. "

Then he glance at Xie Loan who appeared to be non bothered by his statement.

" But for someone like you, Common Sense wouldn't apply. I guess... I would put a little bit of 'faith' on you, Mister Xie Loan. Just remember that you wouldn't be able to bear the consequences of intending to pull any harmful intentions towards the Marshall, Carter, and Dark. "

Xie Loan just joined the Marshall, Carter, and Dark because the creator ordered him. They were also helpful in gaining information about the usual ongoings of the veiled side of this world. Another reason was that it was the organization of this world that was considered to be very rich.

“ Since some of the items are just basically lying there on the storage space, why not sell them? It wasn't like that he would be selling the more dangerous items that he have in his storage space. He could also buy harmless items from the shop and sell them for a whopping amount of Millions. Marshall, Carter & Dark gain a harmless and useful item and he earns money and would have several bank accounts which contain a lot of money. It is a Win-win!! " That was the thought of his creator when he decided Xie Loan to join the organization ruled by the very rich and influential businessman.

Xie Loan wouldn't come with any intention to harm the Auction Organization until the creator ordered him. Since the creator was currently stuck in the foundation, Xie Loan was permitted to spend some of the amount of money that he earned. By eating food and buying books is where Xie Loan spent some of the money. Then, he would spend buying expensive suits and attire for himself once a week.

" So, I ask you again. Sir Xie Loan... What are you doing in that certain school of Thaumatology Sir? "

This business would take a while. Xie Loan thought if he proceeded to answer the question honestly. Still, he decided to answer the inquiry of the Identity Thief.

" I would like to apply as a Professor. "

The fake smile on the identity thieves stiffened.

" Pardon? "

" I would teach 'Magic' to the students at the Magical College that belongs to Global Occult Coalition. "

After a while, the identity thief started laughing hysterically.

" My God! You are very illogical and certainly insane Sir for a normal human being. "

Xie Loan didn't bother to reply that he wasn't a human in the first place. He just let the identity thief start speaking again. Eventually, Xie Loan was permitted to open the briefcase. The Identity Thief wasn't surprised when he started pulling several items from it.

When Xie Loan left the Marshall, Carter & Dark, He decided to stop by the nearest restaurant. There would be another amount of money added to one of the bank accounts of his and the creator.